Handwriting - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Handwriting

Well, I know not everyone here has a blog or my space or whatever, but I am having a lot of fun with this so I thought I would share. You know the pangram “The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.” well, its simple. Write it on a piece of paper, sign it with your first name or handle and let us see your handwriting. It has been quite surprising... here is mine.

If you want to link back to the blog http://blog.logtar.com/?p=690 or participate on the flickr group http://www.flickr.com/groups/handwritingmeme/ you are also welcome!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 11:56 AM

ok i get that the sentence has all letters of the alphabet in it...

but i just dont get the point of this...why take a pic of your handwriting and post it? just sheer boredom? or is there a point?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Boredom... and just surprising at times to see people's handwriting. It has been fun so far to see... like the people you would least expect have the neatest handwriting...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 12:38 PM

Are you going to analyze it and tell us how creative and extroverted we all are?

Jen
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kawigirl_636
Are you going to analyze it and tell us how creative and extroverted we all are?...
No, he's going to copy your handwriting and use "your" handwriting to scam thousands of dollars.

Okay, so maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kawigirl_636
Are you going to analyze it and tell us how creative and extroverted we all are?

Jen
I have picked up a book on graphology (handriting analysis) one time at the library, and found one can very accurately peek into the character of the person by looking at their writing. It goes beyond inta/extravertedness. You can detect greedy tendencies, as well as secretive nature, among others. One can be conscious of that when writing a note they know will be analyzed, yet it is hard to go against one's own nature. A quick offhand note can really tell you a lot about a person.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

I'm not doing nothing but having fun with it... it has been an interesting exercise so far... if you notice I did not ask you to sign your signature
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by veektor
You can detect greedy tendencies, as well as secretive nature, among others. One can be conscious of that when writing a note they know will be analyzed, yet it is hard to go against one's own nature. A quick offhand note can really tell you a lot about a person.
i call...

buuuuuuuuuullshit

jk, sounds interesting, were there actual tests done to prove these theories?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neller0414
i call...

buuuuuuuuuullshit

jk, sounds interesting, were there actual tests done to prove these theories?
This is more than interesting. It is actually useful and practical. FBI has graphologists who specifically analyze handwriting specimens as a part of phychological profiling.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

From what I understood, Graphology was more along the lines of palm reading and astrology than actual science... but I could be wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode