Painting - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Painting

I'm thinking of having the Kanatuna repainted...anyone know of any good shops in the area? What are the estimated costs? Thanks in advance for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 06:59 AM

don't waste your money. sell it and buy a new bike. just my
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 08:54 AM

Re: Painting

Quote:
Originally posted by Truth
I'm thinking of having the Kanatuna repainted...anyone know of any good shops in the area? What are the estimated costs? Thanks in advance for your help!
I paid 850.00 for a paint job from a local shop that does auto customizing. That price didn't include major repair. I also got estimates from John at Prism Motorcycle Painting and Joe from Detroit Sport Bikes. They both have websites and can be reached through messaging. I didn't go with the local shop because of price as all estimates were practically the same. You can see my bike in my avator with the new color.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 08:46 PM

painting

this is clay (jen's husband) i have had four of my bikes repainted and two or three of my buddies. crotch rockets and cruisers. I work at holiday chevrolet and the lead painter does some work on the side. panels on or off your choice. it just cost more to have him remove and install. average cost of bike to paint with about 15 parts was 5 to 6 hundred. that was minor repair work such as scuffs or small bondable cracks primed and blocked, based in your choice of color then pearled and finally that beautiful clear coat. any dirt in clear is wet sanded out and and mistakes are redone to correct. any questions give me a call 248-919-6942 ask for Clay. hope i can help!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, Clay... I will follow up with you tommorrow... I appreciate it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode