Friend's bike stolen in Ann Arbor - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Friend's bike stolen in Ann Arbor

It's a 97 Honda CBR900RR. It was stolen from my work on Sunday night around 8:00 p.m. There's more info in the link below. http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88565
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 10:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to halik
Re: Friend's bike stolen in Ann Arbor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremichi
It's a 97 Honda CBR900RR. It was stolen from my work on Sunday night around 8:00 p.m. There's more info in the link below. http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88565
I read about it earlier today ... that's messed up. I was contemplating not getting comprehensive coverage at all...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 03:50 PM

In case you can not log onto Gixer.com, here is what the post said:

Angry Friend's bike stolen in Ann Arbor,MI
Well it was stolen from work. It's a red 1997 CBR900RR. I had been working on it for a few weeks so I could sell it for my friend who used to live in MIchigan but now lives back in Japan. I had finished putting it back together just 15 minutes before it was stolen. So I'm trying to set the alarm at the building and there is an abnormal point somewhere. I tried about 3 more times and said screw it. Then I heard a door open and close. So I walked around the corner and there was some guy walking back through some door with a bike helmet on and a jacket and gloves. I figured maybe its one of the Japanese guys I work with and figured he could set the alarm when he left. I thought it was strange when he didn't say anything to me because I know he heard me but half the time I think the Japanese guys are terrified of me anyways so whatever. I get on my bike outside and get ready to leave. Then the side garage door open and out hops some guy on MY FRIEND'S BIKE!!!! At first I thought no way is that his bike. Then I thought well maybe a Japanese guy is buying from my friend and nobody told me. But he saw me with my bike running and almost wiped out, then he took off. SO I figured I'd follow him for a bit. He must have figured I was following him so he gunned it and I took off after him. It was raining out and wet as hell so I was kind of hesitant to chase after him. I was catching up to him when he blew through a stop sign going about 70. He was headed down a back road which has a bunch of construnction dirt all over it so I decided to cut the chase off before I wreck my bike. I feel like a pussy for not following him any further. It was definitely somebody who knew the building and exactly where the bike was. If it's who I think it is he's getting fucked up tomorrow morning. If anybody see's this bike for sale or parts on Ebay I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know. Fucking thieves!cursing

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 05:06 PM

Cant leave your stuff anywhere.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 04:21 AM

HMMmmmmmm Maybe there was other stuff stolen as well as the Bike Hmmmmmm but im not suggesting that , because that would be insurance fraud hahah

YEA SUX, sorry to hear about it... I had a jeep whoes windows got cut about 5 times... Man I loved that jeep too..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode