Bar Car Break-in - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Bar Car Break-in

So someone broke into the bar car sometime in the past few days right in front of my house. Well, didn't actually break in since I just leave the doors open. Rifled through some shit, mostly the glove box. They didn't find anything...except some garbage and maybe a quart of shitty oil in the back which they left. I think they actually took my registration and some turn signal light bulbs. If you guys think the registration is an area of concern please let me know.

Anyway this, plus Jen's truck getting broke into got me thinking. Is there any boobie traps on the market that you can buy? Locator beacons or anything of that nature that where you could plant, and then find whoever effed up your shit and introduce them to your baseball bat? Not that I care about the bar car but if this happened to anything else I own I would be veddi upset.

If anyone has some information on this or maybe bombs that explode rock salt or something even more fun please let me know.

Thank you. Please drive around.

Last edited by Bluto; 03-26-2006 at 12:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 01:32 PM
Some days are like this.

I'd contact the DMV and let them know about the stolen registration so you can get a replacement.

Then contact all three credit bureaus and put a fraud watch on your credit. Your registration (most likely) had your full name and address on it, and that's about all most thieves need to rack up a bunch of debt in your name.

Sorry this happened - what a bunch of shit.

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 03:05 PM
OPP

SOrry chucky...it seems to be going around though. A few months ago someone busted out the window of Dawns car and stole some stuff.....while parked in my driveway, only 10 feet from my front door.

And yeah, there is a bunch of "bewbie" traps....if the theif gets pissed, you areliable and he can sue you. Ain't that some malarchy.

-David

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 04:23 PM

Intelligent Motion Detection Software turns your PC and Camera into a Video Security and Surveillance System.

WebCam Monitor is motion detection software that monitors your home, office, or any premise. The software records action triggered by motion or noise as it happens. It is as simple as connecting a USB camera to your PC and using WebCam Monitor to turn your computer to an inexpensive video surveillance system that is on guard 24 hours a day. You can view your camera from anywhere with an Internet connection.

Get immediate email notification along with a photo directly in your mailbox as soon as motion or noise intrusion is detected. You can customize alerts like video and audio recording, taking snaps with date and time, sounding alarms, and sending SMS notifications. Automatically upload recorded video, audio, and snaps to a FTP server of your choice.

Large areas can be effectively monitored using multiple cameras. You can configure individual cameras to start and stop monitoring automatically. You can even schedule automatic monitoring sessions to start and end at anytime of the day. All monitored activity is displayed in an event log for quick reference.

WebCam Monitor is complete video security software with multiple camera support and remote monitoring features. With these powerful features and customizable alerts WebCam Monitor goes beyond traditional video security systems. It is the perfect solution to turn your home/office PC to a sophisticated monitoring and surveillance system.

http://www.deskshare.com/wcm.aspx

$49.00.

Doesn't Fadi have something like this?

Jen
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 05:20 PM

I had a friend who had several stereos ripped off from his car. He wired his car with mercury switch motion detectors that went off if the car jiggles and strain guage switches on the glass that trigger if you press on the glass. When the switches activate, it would trigger a warning alarm for 60 seconds. If the bad guys were still in the car, a bolt of lightning would then surge through everything metal and fry them. To produce the big discharge, he put a few huge capacitors in his trunk. He had to replace the gas tank and fuel lines with plastic, too. After that, he never lost another stereo.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 05:29 PM

unfortunatley if they get hurt breaking into your car becasue of a trap that you set, they can and most likely will sue your pants off...not they would win but it has happened in the past with a friend of mine who used 2 part epoxy and glued razor blades underneath the dash where a "smash and grab" guy would try to pull on it to get the radio out....well as luck would have it the perp broke in and grabbed right where the anti theft device was and severed tendons and the perp ended up sueing and winning because the victim was preemptive and got popped for hospital bills.....that how our wonderful system works....great country isnt it?.....

I STILL WOULDNT WANNA LIVE ANYWHERE ELSE THOUGH
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RSWarrior

I STILL WOULDNT WANNA LIVE ANYWHERE ELSE THOUGH
AMEN Brother!!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 04:27 AM
Aus

Actually, I believe that's entrapment and I think you can also be criminally charged for that.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bass boss
I had a friend who had several stereos ripped off from his car. He wired his car with mercury switch motion detectors that went off if the car jiggles and strain guage switches on the glass that trigger if you press on the glass. When the switches activate, it would trigger a warning alarm for 60 seconds. If the bad guys were still in the car, a bolt of lightning would then surge through everything metal and fry them. To produce the big discharge, he put a few huge capacitors in his trunk. He had to replace the gas tank and fuel lines with plastic, too. After that, he never lost another stereo.
great idea except that you'd be sharing a cell with the would be thief if he lived through it. If he didn't, you might be feeling a little electricity of your own.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aus
Actually, I believe that's entrapment and I think you can also be criminally charged for that.
The definition of entrapment is: To lure into danger, difficulty, or a compromising situation.....a defense that claims the defendant would not have broken the law if not tricked into doing it by law enforcement officials.

If someone has the intention of stealing your car..or stealing something inside your car, you're not LURING them. They already going to do it.

As far as setting a trap for someone, maybe that is a little preemptive...but so are locks on your door and alarms right? You're just trying to PREVENT something from getting stolen.

Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode