My First TrackDay - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

My First TrackDay

I'm going to my first trackday April 1st. I'm in the process of getting all my stuff on the bike setup, and I have my suit, gauntlets, boots, etc.

I was just informed that in addition to the ridiculous amount of money I've already spent, i also need a spine/back protector. I'm reluctant to buy one of these, since I really dont even have another 100 bucks to drop on anything.

Does anyone have one, and would be willing to lend it to me for the weekend? If its a sized one, I need something in the medium/small range. I'm 125 lbs, and I wear a size 28 - 29 pant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 11:21 AM

No offense but if you cannot afford a back protector right now...maybe you shuld not be doing the track day....have you thought about the possible consequences of a trackday?
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Judge
No offense but if you cannot afford a back protector right now...maybe you shuld not be doing the track day....have you thought about the possible consequences of a trackday?
yea, I have. It is a track school though...

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 11:48 AM
I like my bike like I like my girl - Nekkid

Send a message via AIM to 1badr6
Hey u doing the one with team chicago? Ill be there, you signed up for group 5 correct? cause all other groups require back protector.

Let me know, ill be there.

-Nick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 R6 AE
1969 Firebird
1996 Dodge Dakota (work truck)

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 12:36 PM

Re: My First TrackDay

Quote:
Originally posted by xdbx
I'm going to my first trackday April 1st. I'm in the process of getting all my stuff on the bike setup, and I have my suit, gauntlets, boots, etc.

I was just informed that in addition to the ridiculous amount of money I've already spent, i also need a spine/back protector. I'm reluctant to buy one of these, since I really dont even have another 100 bucks to drop on anything.

Does anyone have one, and would be willing to lend it to me for the weekend? If its a sized one, I need something in the medium/small range. I'm 125 lbs, and I wear a size 28 - 29 pant.
Ebay
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 01:21 PM

most trackday companies offer them to rent, for 20-25 bucks, might wanna check into that...
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 01:32 PM

The team Chicago guys will not check for your back protector (or at least they havenot in the past) but its not smart to ride the track with out on.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 01:34 PM

Who told you about the team chicago day up in east lansing? more than likely its someone I have ridden with.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

I found out about team chicago through wide open sportbikes.

I signed up for group 3.. where's flip f4i, I know he has one.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 12:20 AM

you can get a pretty nice one on ebay really cheap. Less than 50 bucks shipped for sure. Weather doesn't look so bad. See ya April 1st!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode