Current Redline Superbike Members
Reminder – Pay your dues if you haven’t already so you can take advantage of the 2006 season we are planning.
Redline Superbike Applicants or Future Applicants
It’s getting close to the riding season, and membership requests are coming in already this year. If you’re thinking about becoming a member of Redline Superbike there are a few things to keep in mind…
Who are we?
A brief description would be we are a sportbike street riding club based out of Detroit (Royal Oak by mailing address) and a social club. We support members who range in age, multiple kinds of bikes (mostly sport or standard however)
To become a member of Redline Superbike you must…
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must have a cycle endorsement or be in a situation where you are in the process of being endorsed.
- You must apply for membership!
- You must be voted on by the membership.
- You must pay your membership dues for the year. (* dues vary depending on vote-in month.)
- You must own a motorcycle or have exclusive access to a motorcycle in which to ride.
We do not discriminate against race, color, creed, religion, size, shape, age (once you’re legally an adult), gender or Harley Davidson affinity.
Now, voted on by the membership, what does that mean? Every 2 months we have business meetings at Redline Superbike. These meetings are for Members only and we talk about club issues and goings on. At these meetings, people who have applied for membership are brought up and we go through them one by one for voting.
**** IF you are not around, we never rode with you, you haven’t come out to events we had and in general, no one really knows who you are…most likely…we will not vote on you and you will be tabled for next meeting *****
So what does THAT mean?
This means you need to come on out! Ride with us, plan some rides if you like, hang out, have some fun, come to one of the workshops we have on suspension or oil or tires or maintenance…learn some stuff. This way we know you and can vote on you so you can enjoy the benefits of membership.
Ok it’s worth talking about who we DON’T look for in a member…
- If you have a temper and like to run little old ladies off the road because they don’t see you – don’t apply for membership.
- If you only rode your bike once or twice last year – don’t apply for membership.
- If you have no interest in an open environment where learning about motorcycling and imparting your knowledge about motorcycling (when applicable) go hand in hand – don’t apply for membership.
- If you can’t handle riding responsibly in a group, meaning you have to do a stand-up in the middle of a crowded group ride to look cool – don’t apply for membership.
- If you have NO intention of getting involved with club activities (i.e. riding, organizing rides and trips, charity, education, learning/imparting knowledge and other social activities) – don’t apply for membership.
I know some of these seem obvious but, well, life surprises you sometimes.
Membership is yearly, so if you become a member and decide it doesn’t fit, then you can cancel next year. I’m also saying this so you don’t feel obligated if you move away or if something happens and you stop riding. However, we look for people who want to stick around and there are many other benefits for those who do.
Blah, Blah, Blah…so how do I become a member?
Send an email to [email protected]
Include the following…
- Name, first and last.
- Phone number
- Cell phone number
- Email you want us to use (if different than the one you sent)
- General Age
- Years of experience
- Bikes you own or have access to.
- Who referred you (if any)
- Why are you are interested in membership.
- Other (about yourself)
If there are any questions feel free to PM, email or call me (Chuck) or our VP (Anthony). Bluto or DocThee