I really don't know how to respond to this - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

I really don't know how to respond to this

My personal opinion is that yes this country was built by immigrants, that entered this country properly.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=3980377

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

They told me to follow my dreams...Too bad they were all NiGhTmArEs!

AIM - poorboy721
Yahoo - e_donahue2001
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 08:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to halik
Re: I really don't know how to respond to this

Quote:
Originally posted by Headlight
My personal opinion is that yes this country was built by immigrants, that entered this country properly.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=3980377
I moved to the US in 1999 and did just that...

I always find these thigns kind of amusing, just because the opposition is always coming from the illegal immigrants... you know the people that aren't even supposed to be here. I don't see how this legislature could be an assault to human rights or anything - you'll still have the same exact *legal* options for moving to the US... it will just make it more difficult for people that jump the fence, which is exactly the intent of it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 11:49 PM

I feel this is a band aid to try and fix what the nafta bill destroyed. At the rate jobs go to Mexico and Canada the wall will just stop Americans from going to Mexico to regain their jobs. I feel this type of legislation is acceptable and should be even tougher. Not making this racist but our government cant even keep our economy in the green as it is. All our money goes to fight a war that will never end. If you want to live here that is fine. But your 7 year tax free status should be revoked. I was born here and I still pay taxes. Taxes are the price you pay for your freedom to live here. If you want to live in a free country then you should "PAY" your way.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Supafly
I feel this is a band aid to try and fix what the nafta bill destroyed. At the rate jobs go to Mexico and Canada the wall will just stop Americans from going to Mexico to regain their jobs. I feel this type of legislation is acceptable and should be even tougher. Not making this racist but our government cant even keep our economy in the green as it is. All our money goes to fight a war that will never end. If you want to live here that is fine. But your 7 year tax free status should be revoked. I was born here and I still pay taxes. Taxes are the price you pay for your freedom to live here. If you want to live in a free country then you should "PAY" your way.
Or give the ones that have never had a 7 year tax break a set age that they get 7 years of tax free from the IRS.

Like age 34 - 40, or make it even better and say that people who have paid 10 years of taxes "FROM A JOB!", take the next 5 off from paying taxes, and keep that going. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode