Question about PDA's - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
I like my bike like I like my girl - Nekkid

Send a message via AIM to 1badr6
Question about PDA's

Pretty much im looking for a nice one, that has a decent amount of memory. I am going to put numbers in it, but i basically want it to keep myself organized.

I don't know anything really about them, just wondering if someone can give me a heads up on what would be worth it to me. I would say like $150 max. Like i said basic but can hold a decent amount.

and one that has a program for the computer, so i can hook it up and insert stuff through my pc.

Anyone got ideas?

-Nick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 R6 AE
1969 Firebird
1996 Dodge Dakota (work truck)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 04:34 PM

The thing with PDA's is everyone has a cell phone now days.

So to cary both really sux. That is why I quit using mine. What cell phone service do you have and when is your contract done?

But if you can get both, a PDA and a Cellphone in one. Your in business.

There are a few out there. Palm is tried and true, but if you don't sync them all the time you may loose your info. You can get a used one for next to nothing.

Shit, I have one I'll sell ya. But I don't think it's worth to much.

Look around, but if you can afford it. the PPC - 6700 is the ticket these days.

I would say to look around and on ebay for a Trio or something to that effect.

You might be able to pick up a Trio 300 (?) put it on your cell phone plan with the insurance, and in about 3 months if it messes up the will upgrade you to the 600 if not the 650. And you might be able to make that all happen for less than 150.

Ok, that was a bit long of a post, but hopfully it will help you make a discision.

Oh, and LuckyStripe I mean Strike, I know I can't spell, and my grammer is all jacked up. So find someone else to pick on.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 05:08 PM

i have an ipaq 6315. it's the best of both worlds. PDA and phone. it works great and does everythng you would need. I got sick of carrying a phone and a pda and that was the solution. it's a little pricy though ( i paid 450 for it) but its worth every penny. As a matter of fact i installed a DVR system at my house and i'm downloading a JVM broweser now i can watch my house in real time anywhere i am

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 05:09 PM

I have an HP Ipaq rx3000 series pda. It cost 300 bucks. It doesn't have a lot of internal memory, but it uses SD memory cards, which are compatible with my dvd system, and my digital cameras. If you go with a windows-based pda (which I personally prefer) don't shop strictly on memory. Shop based on screen size/resolution, processor speed, and add-ons (cameras, cell phones, etc..). Memory is cheap, add that with cards later on.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 06:16 PM

Ive got a palm tungsten E, barely used, read up about it, if interested pm me.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
I like my bike like I like my girl - Nekkid

Send a message via AIM to 1badr6
I don't mind carrying a PDA, right now i just want one for work and school, and appointments. I have looked into getting a blackberry, i have nextel and my contract isn't up for another year, so that is out of the question. I would rather carry a PDA throughout the week than have to carry a huge ass phone all the time, when id on't want to.

I know i want one, i was just wondering people suggestions on which one to get. Like i said 150 is the limit, i just need something that has an alarm for important stuff, and has a callander that i can write stuff in, stuff like that. It needs to be pretty basic, i don't need mp3's and games and all that jazz.

If anyone has a used one that fits those catagories for cheap let me know.

-Nick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 R6 AE
1969 Firebird
1996 Dodge Dakota (work truck)

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 03:34 AM

my only suggestion is to buy used. If you want a spot online to find PDA's or other computer equipment in good shape, PM me. PDA's aren't practicle for everybody, therefore, people are always getting rid of new units with light usage.

-=bmacd=-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode