Question about loans and banks - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
I like my bike like I like my girl - Nekkid

Send a message via AIM to 1badr6
Question about loans and banks

Pretty much this is my situation, i want to buy this car but don't have all the money for it. I need X amount of dollars. Now what i am looking for is a bank that does collateral loans. I have 2 cars and my bike. I would like to put a lien from the bank on a title of 1 of them so i can get the money for this other car and then pay that off. Now my problem is that i have 0 credit cause i have paid cash for everything i have ever bought.

Does anyone know of any banks that do collateral loans? Lasalle doesn't, thats where i have my accounts.

If someone has done this or knows a bank that does please let me know.

-Nick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 R6 AE
1969 Firebird
1996 Dodge Dakota (work truck)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:22 PM

Re: Question about loans and banks

Quote:
Originally posted by linkinpark0726
Pretty much this is my situation, i want to buy this car but don't have all the money for it. I need X amount of dollars. Now what i am looking for is a bank that does collateral loans. I have 2 cars and my bike. I would like to put a lien from the bank on a title of 1 of them so i can get the money for this other car and then pay that off. Now my problem is that i have 0 credit cause i have paid cash for everything i have ever bought.

Does anyone know of any banks that do collateral loans? Lasalle doesn't, thats where i have my accounts.

If someone has done this or knows a bank that does please let me know.

-Nick
I believe the correct term isn't "Bank" it's "loan shark".
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 01:01 PM

Hey Brother I work in the car business. ARe you buying this car at a dealership or private owner.

Pete
I will pm you too!!!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 03:40 PM

I think the bank term is "secured loan." Most banks should have this. If you can't find one, then pm me and I'll help you find one.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
I like my bike like I like my girl - Nekkid

Send a message via AIM to 1badr6
Well i called lesalle, bank 1, bank of america, national city, flagstar. And national city is the only one that might do this. I described my situation and they said ther do do colateral loans. So.... if national city doesn't do it im focked.

-Nick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 R6 AE
1969 Firebird
1996 Dodge Dakota (work truck)

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 06:39 PM

If you do go through National City, go see Kathy at the 16 and Rochester Branch. She'll hook you up.

Jen
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 06:40 PM

banks are not interested in doing "collateral" loans because they have to get the "collateral" inspected and appraised, They also have to factor in disposal of said "collateral" in addition to what you purchase, etc..
Too much work for them they would rather rely on your credit history and such. You might find a bank to do this but they will rape you with high interest.
good luck
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 07:39 PM

im pretty positive republic bank does, i talked to the lady about it before.

i tell you what, you buy my car, ill cosign a loan for you, and i have excellent credit. sound good?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 08:46 AM

Wouldn't you just do a secured loan and use the car itself as the collateral? Thats what I did on my bikes through my credit union..

T&C Federal Credit Union in Pontiac does this, but you may need to open an account first with them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode