teh REAL reason they keep jacking the price of gas - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

teh REAL reason they keep jacking the price of gas

They make profit... wonder if this is what ti goes towards?

Gas $$$ hard at work

** edit** I'm sorry, I posted the wrong link...that one is fun too, but this is what i meant to post:

the right link

Last edited by xdbx; 10-26-2005 at 07:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 07:18 AM

OMG! I'd be pissed! Arkansas plates?? Could be the only Ferrari in the state! lol

Jen
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 08:07 AM

I'm just curious do those towel wraps protect as well as a Helmet?

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 08:24 AM

Just my for what little they count...

They have gas. You need gas. Selling the gas is their business. If you found out the manager at the only store in town was buying crack with his paycheck, would you starve yourself or complain about the price of groceries, using his money as your arguement? Probably not. What the hell do you care what they do with their profit? People in England are paying the equivelant of 7.10/gal for gas, and we are whining because we have to pay $2.29 a galon? poor poor poor us... I think I'll go buy a violin and sit on the roof of my house playing sad music and singing about fuel. You have no idea how fortunate you are that 2.29 is ALL we are paying. Get over it already.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by ZX6R1033

They have gas. You need gas. Selling the gas is their business. If you found out the manager at the only store in town was buying crack with his paycheck, would you starve yourself or complain about the price of groceries, using his money as your arguement? Probably not. What the hell do you care what they do with their profit? People in England are paying the equivelant of 7.10/gal for gas, and we are whining because we have to pay $2.29 a galon? poor poor poor us... I think I'll go buy a violin and sit on the roof of my house playing sad music and singing about fuel. You have no idea how fortunate you are that 2.29 is ALL we are paying. Get over it already.
that was supposed to be a joke, you have a very good point, one that I didnt look over in my own opinion of the matter, none the less, I thought it would be ironic/funny if I titled it that seeing as though there was a previous post about it...

chillax it a bit dude
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xdbx
that was supposed to be a joke, you have a very good point, one that I didnt look over in my own opinion of the matter, none the less, I thought it would be ironic/funny if I titled it that seeing as though there was a previous post about it...

chillax it a bit dude
Sorry bro... not one single bit of that was directed toward you. It's just the way I phrase things when I am trying to make a point... they always appear to attack people, but thats never the intent. I think its my usage of the words I, you, they...exc.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 09:30 AM

Amen to ZX
If they want to buy bad ass cars with their money that their buisness. Hell, if they buy american cars, the money is coming back to us.
Much better use for it than supporting suicide bombers around the world.

Thats said....

Lucky Bastards! Why coundnt I have been born a shiek?

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
= Why coundnt I have been born a shiek?

You aren't? Does mom know???
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 09:43 AM

I have discovered that my mom is not the person to ask about my ancestry...

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ZX6R1033

Selling gas is their business. This isn't the point, the point is that in tragic times like hurricanes and such, these companies OVER inflate their prices, and make record profits again and again.

For example, let's say I own MedStar. My Ambulance rate if $100/hr. That is until you have a problem and call 911, at which time I decide you really "need' my services, so I decide to double it. When I find out you have no insurance, I double that again. My profits are way up. but you shouldn't worry yourself about it, cause I didn't do anything wrong, I have an ambulance, and you need one.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051027/...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode