Ramps - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Ramps

I'm looking into buying new ramps for loakding and unloading the bike on the truck. Anyone have suggestions of which ones they like.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 06:36 AM

whatever truck you have, just make sure you have a long enough ramp so that the angle isnt too steep or else you will have a lot of trouble.....my pop's chevy 2500hd duramax is like way tall, and the ramp i have is too short for that tall of a truck, and we had to lift the back of my bike in as to not scrape the fairings and exhaust.

i dont know what brands they are, but i really like the ones that are wide enough to walk up on with the bike, i think you can get them in aluminum and i looked at rockys in flint for them and they were like $150, so not too bad.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 06:37 AM

Re: Ramps

Quote:
Originally posted by DocThee
I'm looking into buying new ramps for loakding and unloading the bike on the truck. Anyone have suggestions of which ones they like.
I actually have a second one that you could purchase off of me if you want.. I bought a set for $200 last december when I bought my bike...

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 06:47 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
I recently bought a nice ramp that folds in the middle and is wide enough to extend from one side of my trailer to the other so riding it up and down is easier $ 79 bought off the internet and got them 2 days later ... If interested can look up the papers for it to get the website addy...

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 07:16 AM

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 07:26 AM

Quote:
That's a nice one, but your not buying that for $79
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

ok here is the website.. wasnt' so hard afterall to find the site again LOL..

http://www.atvramps.com/bifold_ramps.htm

mine is the 71" Long Bi-fold Ramp for $ 77.99

they have longer ones and I would suggest a longer one if a truck is a high one... I wouldn't trust loading my bike alone in the back of a truck.. but with help it's doable...

here's the 82" long... for $ 135

http://www.atvramps.com/82inch_folding_ramp.htm

E.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ducati1
That's a nice one, but your not buying that for $79
No I paid 3 times that, it was expensive. But heavier duty, and curved so you don't drag the bottom...I can also use the wings for ATV loading. Straight ramps are cheaper..and all you need for loading into a low trailer or loading an ATV.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 10:51 AM

I would definately not go cheap... is saving $100 worth the risk of dropping your $10K bike? Not really...

On the flip side... your bike weights less than 500# EASY! So even with you on it, for example and not recomending, say 700#. Take that into consideration. Although you need to pay attention to the work rating of the ramp vs the max rating.

http://www.motorcycleramps.com/

They seem to have the most selection.

I had one of these, bed extender ramps, prior to selling it. it worked really well and of coarse had a double use, that I liked sense my crew cab truck had a short bed and the tailgate remained down.

I also recomend a second ramp if you are going with a single track style. I always loaded my bikes with 2 ramps. 1 really good one for the bike and another one for me.

Then, Start the bike, get it warm, line it up... then simply put it in gear and idle the bike up the ramp while you follow it. You can do this by yourself. Why not let all that horsepower do the work for you. You're not going to go anywhere but to the front of the truck bed. I have done this dozens of times and even on trailers.

Do it at work with the backhoes, excavators, bobcats, ATVs, ect... you don't think we push a 10 ton piece of equipment up onto a trailer do you?

However, I must stress, that unless you have one of those big 4 foot wide ramps, don't try to ride it up! I know some that have and dropped the bike from about 2-3 foot off the ground! NOT GOOD!

-Chris
aka Gas Man
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

well for my lil ol cheap price .. mine handles 1200 lbs

and it's light weight enough that even I can carry it

as for riden them up... that's why I got the wide ramp.. have two of the narrow ones that are long and curved to use on the back of tail gates for bikes and 4 wheelers... love them but wouldn't trust ridin one up even with the extra one next to it for footing...

E.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode