F4i, oh my (get it, it rhymes) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

F4i, oh my (get it, it rhymes)

so yeah there was this pretty sweet F4i for sale....the dude wanted $3500. It was a 2001 with only 5k miles on it, it was very lightly laid down but doesnt even really look like it, and it has full micron, power commander, ohlins dampener, some other cool stuff....yeah its a beautiful bike. some 70 year old dude.

anyways, i let my buddy buy it, even though i shoulda. but atleast now i'll have him to ride with. atleast i get to go pick it up the bike and ride it some.....hmmm

he got it for $3400, its a dang good deal i think....just wanted to let you all know that....i dont really know why....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f4i 1.jpg (81.0 KB, 157 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 03:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Wow...that is a sweet deal. I am looking for a deal like that. I need to add to the current stable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 04:28 AM

Back when I decided to buy my R6, I really looked at the F4I (red and pearl white) just like that. It was a tough call. The R6 I bought was cheaper than that bike due to the new fuel injection on the Honda. Now we are trying to come up with that same bike for one of my room-mates since his Busa walked off. It seems they are not easy to come by.

"The good, & the evil; there never really is one without the other...!?"

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

yeah i know....see my thing is that i want to go with a liter bike now....but man its hard getting a good deal like this and giving it to someone else, i mean its only got 5280 miles on it, and the dude that owns it is freakin 70! $3400 is a steal for that bike i think, granted its not in PERFECT visual condition due to getting laid down (looks like maybe 5mph at most) but its only damage to the nose plastic and a tiny bit on the tail, hardly noticeable anywhere (except the little chunk you can see on this side where the nose and side fairings bolt together)

ohh well, im tryin to hold out for a deal on a liter....maybe that 02 954 the one dude is selling on the board could be the bike for me
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 08:41 AM

does he want to sell that stand??
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

naw he said hes keepin the stand, or else i was gonna take it
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DocThee
Wow...that is a sweet deal. I am looking for a deal like that. I need to add to the current stable.
Mine'll be going on the auction block come spring.... no point in trying to sell it this time of year....

-Joe
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

how much u want for it? my other buddy is lookin for a f4i
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neller0414
how much u want for it? my other buddy is lookin for a f4i
Haven't really thought about it yet.... Haven't really gotten serious about selling it, I guess. Don't want to hijack the thread either....

e-mail me for the details.

-Joe
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Aus

I like it when a deal is given to you like that!

I got my bike with about $8K worth of mods on it for a total of $3800 with a jacket! I mean, just the carbs alone were worth a third of that. Then I came off it in September '04, insurance company totalled it and gave me $6K back, then sold the wreck back to me for $1K. It was just plastics and bolt-on part damage.

Granted, I've spent about another $3K on it since I bought it, but given what it is and how it looks now, I feel it's worth every penny!

Cheers!

Last edited by Aus; 11-02-2005 at 02:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode