Bike For Sale '04 Yamaha R1 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 208
Exclamation Bike For Sale '04 Yamaha R1

Well I am doing the unthinkable and putting my pride and joy up for sale. With Belinda pregnant, I have not had the time to ride and surely won't once the baby comes along in February.

2004 Yamaha R1 (Blue)---- Lots of Extras, Low Miles, Well Maintained

Asking ---- $9500.00 OBO

Anyone interested can contact me at: [email protected]
Z3US is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 02:34 PM
Moderator
 
DocThee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Madison Heights, MI 48071
Posts: 4,824
Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Mike-

I understand why you're selling the bike...but why are you selling the bike? LOL.

I hate it when the voice of responsibility kicks in and interferes with fun.

I can vouch for this bike as well as Mike. This thing has been meticulously kept. Good thing he is selling it, it needs to be ridden by someone who knows what they're doing.

Just kidding bro!! Good luck with the baby!!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
DocThee is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2005, 06:37 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 625
just tell em the real reason why Mike....because you've come to your senses and wanna "slow it down" a bit and youre getting a Harley...lol
RSWarrior is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 05:48 AM
Aus
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 265
Re: Bike For Sale '04 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally posted by Z3US
Well I am doing the unthinkable and putting my pride and joy up for sale. With Belinda pregnant, I have not had the time to ride and surely won't once the baby comes along in February.

2004 Yamaha R1 (Blue)---- Lots of Extras, Low Miles, Well Maintained

Asking ---- $9500.00 OBO

Anyone interested can contact me at: [email protected]
DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take it from someone who has BEEN exactly where you are going. Trust me, keep the bike. So what if it sits in the garage for quite a while between rides, at least it's there if you ever want to ride. And come a time in the future if you sell the bike, sure enough you'll be at home or at the park on the swing with your kid and you'll hear the familiar wail of sportbikes riding by, and it's like the call of the wild to you. You'll go nuts because you don't have a bike to ride. The gears start ticking in your head..."How can I get another bike"?

It's true that I don't know you or your wife, but I'll tell you what I know.....if you sell this bike now, it will be next to impossible to get another bike in the future if you change your mind and want to ride again. The wife more than likely just won't allow it - they're good at that.....(trust me on this), because (insert whiney mommy voice here)..."Honey, we could really use that money elsewhere", or "I don't want you to get another bike, you've had your fun".

Tarzan only moves forward when he has another vine to swing to. Get my drift?

My little girl is now one. A bike and a baby can happily co-exist. I do spend a lot of time as a family with Mia and my wife Jen. Yeah, it's true that I don't get to ride as much as I want to, but at least the bike is there for me when I do want to ride. As it is in my garage and my name is on the title, my wife cannot make me sell it. It's my release I tell her and I am not going to budge on ever getting rid of it.

Good luck in your decision. It's not an easy one.

Cheers,
Sime

PS. The guy who sold me my bike back in mid-2003 sold me his bike because he had a little girl. He also used to own a Mustang Cobra and sold that too just before the bike. I saw him a few weeks ago....now he has no bike and drives am older Grand Marquis. He's basically living life now as an old man and his wife probably has him by the balls

Some things ya just gotta hang onto. A bike is one of them.

PPS. My post above has no intended insults or comparison to the 'cool' mommies here at Redline who do actually ride. Ladies, you are few and far between (I need a 'salute' smiley)!!!

Last edited by Aus; 10-16-2005 at 05:51 AM.
Aus is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 06:06 AM
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 434
Re: Re: Bike For Sale '04 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally posted by Aus
DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take it from someone who has BEEN exactly where you are going. Trust me, keep the bike. So what if it sits in the garage for quite a while between rides, at least it's there if you ever want to ride. And come a time in the future if you sell the bike, sure enough you'll be at home or at the park on the swing with your kid and you'll hear the familiar wail of sportbikes riding by, and it's like the call of the wild to you. You'll go nuts because you don't have a bike to ride. The gears start ticking in your head..."How can I get another bike"?

It's true that I don't know you or your wife, but I'll tell you what I know.....if you sell this bike now, it will be next to impossible to get another bike in the future if you change your mind and want to ride again. The wife more than likely just won't allow it - they're good at that.....(trust me on this), because (insert whiney mommy voice here)..."Honey, we could really use that money elsewhere", or "I don't want you to get another bike, you've had your fun".

Tarzan only moves forward when he has another vine to swing to. Get my drift?

My little girl is now one. A bike and a baby can happily co-exist. I do spend a lot of time as a family with Mia and my wife Jen. Yeah, it's true that I don't get to ride as much as I want to, but at least the bike is there for me when I do want to ride. As it is in my garage and my name is on the title, my wife cannot make me sell it. It's my release I tell her and I am not going to budge on ever getting rid of it.

Good luck in your decision. It's not an easy one.

Cheers,
Sime

PS. The guy who sold me my bike back in mid-2003 sold me his bike because he had a little girl. He also used to own a Mustang Cobra and sold that too just before the bike. I saw him a few weeks ago....now he has no bike and drives am older Grand Marquis. He's basically living life now as an old man and his wife probably has him by the balls

Some things ya just gotta hang onto. A bike is one of them.

PPS. My post above has no intended insults or comparison to the 'cool' mommies here at Redline who do actually ride. Ladies, you are few and far between (I need a 'salute' smiley)!!!
Listen to this man he knows of what he speaks.

I had the same situation, sold my bike, then used her tactics against her.
I pissed and moaned and complained until she broke.

Now I have 2 kids (boys who love bikes) and a bike. Next summer if she wants to hang with her 3 boys she has to learn to ride. (My evil plan is working perfectly bwuhahaha!)
jdd02R1 is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 208
LOL I would love to listen to reason, but you 2 have one vital part of the puzzle missing...... Belinda is selling her motorcycle as well !!!!!

Trust me I have sat and thought at length about this and at this time it is the best choice for myself and my family.
Z3US is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 04:24 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,234
Quote:
Originally posted by Z3US
LOL I would love to listen to reason, but you 2 have one vital part of the puzzle missing...... Belinda is selling her motorcycle as well !!!!!

Trust me I have sat and thought at length about this and at this time it is the best choice for myself and my family.

Hubby and I both kept our bikes when we first got pregnant. I admit that I didn't ride much that first or second summer ((Dakota was born in May/2000, Patrick in July/2001) but I still kept the bike because I didn't want to give up that part of my life. Three kids later and we still ride! I wouldn't sell them if I were you!!




Jen
636Jen is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 208
Here is a picture for those interested.


Last edited by Z3US; 10-18-2005 at 12:15 PM.
Z3US is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome