Going Cell Phone Only - Anyone do this? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
Question Going Cell Phone Only - Anyone do this?

Considerin on getting rid of our landline entirely and just going cellular...

anyone else out there do this and how do you like it?

Do you have a base unit in your home so that if you are away there is still a phone in the house or what?

in our area we pay outragious fees for just a phone service and everything is long distance if it's not the same exchange... so we hardly ever use the house phone but I dont wanna give out my cell phone # to businesses.... and if I get rid of the house # how do I get around this? give my work # instead?

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 10:20 AM

I don't have a home phone anymore. Just no point! If you have a good cellular plan then you are just wasting money on a land line unless you are on dial up.

I personally don't like to be reached all the time so if it's time to get away from work, then I put the phone on silent and will check the calls later+ I don't get telemarketers anymore
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 10:20 AM

i never got a landline when i moved into my place last year and so far its worked out just fine. if i'm not there to answer it anyways they usually just call my cell anyways.
if you're worried about businesses calling, just let the v-mail get it.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 10:22 AM

No landline here either. I give my cell number to buisnesses, but I havent had anyone call me yet.

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 10:26 AM

I have used the cell phone for a main phone for 5 years now. Only problem I have, is an occasional dropped call. And I hardlly ever have perfect reception.

"The good, & the evil; there never really is one without the other...!?"
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 10:29 AM

I have no land line only cell.
My suggestion is for 9.95 per mo. add another line to your cell plan. They will give you an additional phone for that line and leave that phone at home as you new Home number.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 10:32 AM

I haven't had a land line for 3 years or so, but now we need to have one for the DSL and Satellite through SBC Land lines are good for two things, telemarketers and 911.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 10:41 AM

Unless you're on a family plan, it seems like it would be impractical if you have kids.

-=bmacd=-
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
Steve - yup.. that's what I found out from Verizon this mornin.. that I can get an extra phone to share my minutes for 9.99 a month plus I can have my existing home telephone # transfered to my cell phone... this way there is one at home for the kids when I'm not around...

was wanted to double check for downside of it before I took the leap... it'll cut my phone bill down by $50 a month if I do this...

I'm worried about using my existing home phone # though for fear that the telemarketers will continue to call in and waste my minutes even though I'm on the no call list...

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 10:49 AM

My cell is my only phone too. I love it. No solicitors, no long distance, no BS.

Oh, there's this newer phone out by cingular called the firefly. It's a small phone for kids. It has a "dad" button and a "mom" button so little kids can use it too. You just program your numbers in the phone and you can leave one home with the kids. If they want to get ahold of you or hubby, they just hit the picture of the "mom" and it rings your phone. It's cute and pretty inexpensive. Just thought I'd throw that info your way.

Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode