anyone have info on RF900RR - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Yaz

anyone have info on RF900RR

im lookin to get this bike. Its a suzuki rf900rr and its for a really really good price its an older bike... but its a starter bike for my brother.. anyways... ive looked on the internet for info on it. and nothin is tellin me bout the bike handling etc etc.. common problems defects. n all that.... cause they made it from 94 to 97 thats all ive gathered.

Does anyone know anythin bout this bike....

GOOD BAD ETC ETC........

any info would help..

Thanks Guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 01:35 PM

Here's a link to Motorcycle consumer news used motorcycle guide. It will give you an idea of the typical price range for used bikes.

http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/usedbike.asp

Last edited by bass boss; 10-12-2005 at 01:38 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 02:45 PM

Re: anyone have info on RF900RR

Quote:
Originally posted by CBR RYDER
im lookin to get this bike. Its a suzuki rf900rr and its for a really really good price its an older bike... but its a starter bike for my brother.. anyways... ive looked on the internet for info on it. and nothin is tellin me bout the bike handling etc etc.. common problems defects. n all that.... cause they made it from 94 to 97 thats all ive gathered.

Does anyone know anythin bout this bike....

GOOD BAD ETC ETC........
any info would help..
Thanks Guys
I had one for 7yrs. I never had a problem with it.
There was a website devoted to it but I don't know what it is anymore.
PM me if you want to know more about the bike.

mb.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike pic2 smr.jpg (135.4 KB, 88 views)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 04:47 PM

i had one too, looked just like that one. im sellin a stock exhaust for it on ebay if you need it!!! yeah they are excellent bikes, probably the most underrated bike ever built. it was a european bike they brought here, and stupid suzuki did it about the same time they unleashed the "new" gsxr1100, which was a huge hit, so the rf600's and rf900's went kinda unnoticed at the dealerships. its a great first bike, it was my first. i loved it. i still actually kinda regret selling it...any other questions pm me or email me [email protected]
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 06:40 AM

I've still got mine and it's been a great bike for me. Think of it as a VFR on steroids and you kind of get an idea of what it's all about. It's not the lightest thing around but still makes decent power and as far as reliability, I turned 35,000 miles last week on my way home from raging on it at Milan. It's been a great bike and I have no regrest about buying it at all. It was my upgrade bike from a cheap Honday V45 Magna I started on. I've owned the bike since new and bought it as a leftover in August of 1999 so I've logged every single mile on it.

The motor is based off the GSXR1100 lower end with a new head (downdraft versus sidedraft) and the requisite smaller bore and stroke to reach 937cc. On the early models (pre 96) I believe they used the same clutch as the 1100 and in 96 they got the then new GSXR 750 clutch. Not a whole lot changed over the production run and they made them for a few more years after they stopped selling them in the US (97MY).

It's not the fastest bike but it's still no slouch. It's comfortable and I've loged a 550 mile day in the saddle on my way to Laconia NH one year (total trip was ~1600 miles) I do use it for trips and every year take it to Road America and Mid Ohio to watch the races.

This isn't a bike you're going to be able to mod alot as parts are few and far between. I have a D&D bolt on can, ignition advancer, K&N and Factory Jet Kit as well as a Zero gravity wind screen. There is a trick where you can put Gixxer 750 cams into the bike and wake up some more HP as well but I haven't done that.....yet..... Airtech does make some additional bodywork as well which includes a single seat tail setup. I've integrated the tail lights and turn signals into it and cut the rear fender to clean up the looks as well.

Overall I have no complaints on the bike...if you can get it for the right price even better....

I hope this rambling helped a little though....

Justin
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Yaz

Hey guys thanks ALLLLLLOOOTTT for the info. Now im sure im gettin a good deal... haha Ive been lookin online to find info on this bike but its pretty rare. Anyways yah I think im gonna pick it up next week sometime or this weekend perhaps. Once agian thank you for your input..

Yaz
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 08:51 AM

just for an example, i sold mine about 4 months ago with 28k on it, in great shape, new tires and a new yoshi carbon fiber slipon, for $3000. mine was a 95.

its a great bike, honestly. very comfortable, plenty of power i think its rated at 127hp or so...obv not at the wheels. but yeah, anything less than 2500-3000 bucks, id say its a great deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode