New Rider lookin to meet some people - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

New Rider lookin to meet some people

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone's havin a good afternoon. I was lookin around for clubs and things to ride with for the rest of the season since I just got my bike, and slothy told me that you guys are an excellent group to ride with.

I live in East Lansing, or at least I go to school here. I'm originally from Troy, and I'm going home this weekend to ride with some friends. I was wondering if I could get to join any of you for a ride, since I cant make it up to Traverse City.

Anywho, throw up a message if you're friendly at all, I'd love to get to know you

Screename: Immobilexdbx

~Daniel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
howdy Daniel...

welcome... I'm sure someone will be riding this weekend..

I'll be heading to Grattan on Sunday for a Trackday on Monday.. and I don't think I'll be out on the bike Sat... or I'd tell ya to come on up my way and we'd hit some roads....

Keep an eye out on the board here and you'll see someone post up some riding plans... or if you have a place in mind post it up and others will come along....

Congrats on your bike... and hope you get a good bit of miles in before the season ends

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

The past few weeks have taught me not to trust the weather channel, but the forcast calls for rain friday, saturday and sunday. However, it is clear all week. Anyone live in the central michigan area?

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
there's a few from Flint area that tend to visit here once in awhile...

oh yeah and there was a bunch of new folks from Lansing area they said that was at the picnic Sunday... BigC and some others on the picnic thread.. you might wanna look them up...

yeah I'm hopin for the good weather on Sun and Mon...

btw tell Brian (aka slothy) I said "he ought not to be such a stranger"

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 03:24 PM

I used to live in Troy...16 and John R area. This weekend we are planning on going to the Renassiance Festival in Holly. Not sure if we're going Sat or Sun but I'm sure one of the days this weekend we'll be out riding.

Jen
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 03:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Welcome new dude!!

Yeah, there were around 10 or so riders from the Lansing area that met up with us for the picnic. Great group of people. But yeah, keep watching the boards for rides. Someone is always posting up.

We will have a fall color tour coming up and our annual Halloween ride. Not to mention some rides in between.

Welcome to the boards!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xdbx
The past few weeks have taught me not to trust the weather channel, but the forcast calls for rain friday, saturday and sunday. However, it is clear all week. Anyone live in the central michigan area?
I wouldn't trust the weather right now. I mean, you're looking at Saturday's weather on Tuesday...anything can happen and it usually changes everyday. Keep lookin. Cross your fingers for sunshine. Have fun this weekend E! Is this the last race this season?

Jen
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Gosh guys, thanks so much for the replies. I'm really glad you're all being so nice. I tried looking arount at some other groups, and when I finally met a fwe of their members in royal oak, they were "different people".

Anywho, I'm looking forward to this weekend, and I hope I can get to see some of you.

Just out of curiosity, I wanted to just ask what was the general age of the group? Everywhere I look around, I'm quite on the low end of the spectrum. My birthday is actually tomarrow (the 20th). I turn 19. I've had my endorsement since teh summer after I got my license. I started on a sportster 1200, and I'm glad I jumped to a katana, and then this. Any other... "youngin's" in here?
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 06:36 PM

Welcome, young dude. If you are ever back in Troy, let me know and we will ride together. That's my home town.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xdbx
Gosh guys, thanks so much for the replies. I'm really glad you're all being so nice. I tried looking arount at some other groups, and when I finally met a fwe of their members in royal oak, they were "different people".

Anywho, I'm looking forward to this weekend, and I hope I can get to see some of you.

Just out of curiosity, I wanted to just ask what was the general age of the group? Everywhere I look around, I'm quite on the low end of the spectrum. My birthday is actually tomarrow (the 20th). I turn 19. I've had my endorsement since teh summer after I got my license. I started on a sportster 1200, and I'm glad I jumped to a katana, and then this. Any other... "youngin's" in here?
Hey, I turn 24 tomorrow, so Happy B-day to both of us

Age doesn't matter, the maturity level........doesn't matter either
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode