"The Big Thouw" sighting??? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

"The Big Thouw" sighting???

Hey Rusty,
Was that you(and one other bike)headed East on the road between Frankenmuth and Vassar on Sunday?(11:00+/-?) I thought I recognized your blue headlight cover. We where headed the opposite way, you had just passed a car. There where 4 of us 2 FJ's, an RT, and a BMW K1200R. The 2 FJ's and the 1200R road with you and E and a few others through the thumb about a month(?) ago. I was the bald guy on the FJ.

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 02:53 PM

Re: "The Big Thouw" sighting???

Quote:
Originally posted by matkal
I was the bald guy on the FJ.
Probably wasting my time, but anyway...

From another thread:

Quote:
Last night a kid that hangs out with alot of the sportbike guys in town, i think he was 18, and parents would not let him get a bike yet. So frome time to time he would ride a friends bike a little. well last night he got on his friends bike, and was riding back and forth in the mall parking lot, he tried to do a wheelie, and crashed. When he went down, he hit a curb, no helmet.
I was in town eating, when i got the call, i went to the E.R. about 5 min after i got there, they said he did not make it.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Re: Re: "The Big Thouw" sighting???

Quote:
Originally posted by cookeetree
Probably wasting my time, but anyway...

From another thread:

I ALWAYS wear a helmet(ATGATT) when riding, but I DO take it off at gas stops, etc.
Thanks for your concern

Matt

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 03:51 PM

Re: Re: Re: "The Big Thouw" sighting???

Quote:

I ALWAYS wear a helmet(ATGATT) when riding, but I DO take it off at gas stops, etc.
Thanks for your concern

Matt
Sorry, but the "bald guy" comment made me think otherwise. I'm thinking, "How would someone know you're bald, unless you're not wearing a helmet?"

Your sig line kind of backed up my theory, but I realise now that you were being sarcastic.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 06:34 PM

lol.....that was me.we rolled thru frankenmuth to see the car show and then hit the twistys a lil bit.i knew that was you guys when we went by.i wanted to whirl around and catch up to you guys but i was tryin stay glued to my buddy darren on that rc51.i get em on the straights ,but hes tuff in the corners.he raced pro gp 250's for years and then bot for a while.hes too fast for me but im sneakin by em once in a while when he least expects it!

p.s. did i look cool?was my jacket on straight? lol

Last edited by the big thouw; 09-12-2005 at 06:51 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

p.s. did i look cool?was my jacket on straight? lol [/B][/QUOTE]

How in the fook would I know?
If you guys were goin' like we were, and it sounds like you were doin' better , we had a closing speed of over 20mph!
How cool is that!

Last edited by matkal; 09-13-2005 at 03:50 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

We went thru Saginaw on 46(lock-n-load), . to Midland, over to Rd.....Down towards Dewitt.Found all kinds of twisties Back towards flint, then back up to Bridgeport, then home. 330mi.
Great trip!!

Last edited by matkal; 09-13-2005 at 03:50 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 03:52 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
Damn looks like I missed out on alot this past weekend...

Matt.. just so you know I knew what you ment by the bald guy statement.. you were trying to tell him who you were on the ride we all went on .. even though there were two of you that day.... LOL

sounds like ya'll had a good day in ... maybe I'll be able to get another one of those in myself before too long... Deals Gap rounded off my flat spot pretty well .. now I just gotta figure out why I'm loosin air pressure in my front tire seems to hold it for a couple days then by the third or fourth it's down to 22

E.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vassar ride aug05 002a.jpg (238.0 KB, 61 views)

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamRyder
Damn looks like I missed out on alot this past weekend...

Matt.. just so you know I knew what you ment by the bald guy statement.. you were trying to tell him who you were on the ride we all went on .. even though there were two of you that day.... LOL

sounds like ya'll had a good day in ... maybe I'll be able to get another one of those in myself before too long... Deals Gap rounded off my flat spot pretty well .. now I just gotta figure out why I'm loosin air pressure in my front tire seems to hold it for a couple days then by the third or fourth it's down to 22

E.
LOL

Hmmmmm.......I don't remember you HAVING any flat spots!

We did have a good day, but I bet it couldn't compare to Deals Gap! Someday I'll get down there.

Matt
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
Quote:
LOL

Hmmmmm.......I don't remember you HAVING any flat spots!

We did have a good day, but I bet it couldn't compare to Deals Gap! Someday I'll get down there.

Matt
LMAO... ok ok my 929's flat spot

you are correct Deals is hard to beat for sure... already makin plans on going back

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode