anti-rape condoms for women *WOW* - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

anti-rape condoms for women *WOW*

linkage

-=bmacd=-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 07:53 AM
Some days are like this.

And there is an outcry against this product?!?

My god. What is wrong with people? There should be a standing ovation for this woman!

I think the critics are missing the point: if you don't stick your winkie where it doesn't belong, it won't get hurt!

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 08:03 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
“If a victim is wearing such a device it may enrage the attacker further and possibly result in more harm being caused,” said Sam Waterhouse, advocacy coordinator for Rape Crisis.
More harm than AIDS? So the guy gets mad and kills the woman instead of condemning her to a life of both sickness and death. I don't see that killing on the spot is worse than killing by disease. Disease just takes longer. Not all of the attackers will have their wits about them enough to do anything either, so I think the possibility of escape for the victim far outweighs the potential for escalated violence from the attacker.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 08:05 AM
Dad

Just say... OUCH!

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 08:12 AM

wow.. umm...
Honestly I think it would be about as effective at preveting rape as a handgun. They both got the same problem, they gotta be present to be usefull (Also if they get popular...). Not having the same plumbing I dont know if its feasable to walk around with this thing all day every day...

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 08:51 AM

Won't work. Even if it becomes popular and women everywhere use it, theres always the poop chute. I dont see many women wanting to use two, due to the inconvenience associated with having to take a dump during the day.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 08:55 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
You're talking about a different culture here. I'm not sure of what all they believe, but in many cases you're talking about men who think AIDS can be cured by having sex with a virgin. I would imagine that means vaginal intercourse, but who knows. Also, with a belief system like this, we're not dealing with an overly-educated group of people. I think something like this could be very effective, at least for a time. Like anything they will find a way around it, but keep coming up with things like this and eventually it won't be worth it to them and the rapes will stop, or at least slow way down. 50,000 - 200,000 a year....that anywhere from 137 - 548 rapes a day (give or take). Something like this will definitely have an impact.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 10:07 AM

Interesting stuff.

Jen
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 10:43 AM

I understand the need for them to do SOMETHING... in order to stem the tide of rape. I just wonder how effective this thing will be. #1...the comfort level for the woman...will she want to wear this thing all day? is it comfortable. #2 If it does become a popular deterrent, then I'm sure the rapist will also be aware of it...Whats stopping him from removing this along with the rest of her undergarments?

Its a start, I guess...maybe they should opt for a good old fashioned chastity-belt...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 10:49 AM

Re: anti-rape condoms for women *WOW*

Quote:
Originally posted by bmacd
linkage

-=bmacd=-
Brilliant!

I could see that thing in the states. God help the first guy who gets caught cheating on his girl. Next time he goes home to his girl after cheating, she slips the old internal porcupine in. Im so horny.. Love me baby...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode