Police and the information they have - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Question Police and the information they have

Just want to pose a hypothetical question - let's say you were out riding one day and got pulled over for having an illegally mounted plate. The officer is cool about it, tells you it's illegal and to get it fixed, and you're off on your merry way. No ticket. Then let's say a week or so later you get pulled over again for the same thing, because after all, you're a dilligent sportbiker and ordered the fender eliminator kit/undertail, but alas, it hasn't arrived yet! Does the second cop have any way of knowing that you were pulled over for the illegal plate the week before? Does the first officer have to make record of it or anything somehow?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 04:44 PM

Doubt it..... Less ya got a written somten or utter.

A few ccs short of a full litre.

Last edited by mac020; 08-25-2005 at 04:46 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 04:47 PM

Nope.

"The good, & the evil; there never really is one without the other...!?"

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 05:08 PM

Dont know..
But it brings to my mind that it is a fact that points stay on your record for 2 yrs. But they stay in your police file for more. I dont know for how much more but i am assuming 2 to 3 yrs more than the first 2 yrs.
Also you should bring this up in court if need be because your court records are your police records.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 08:01 PM

no, they have no way to know that you got a warning unless you offer the info...even when you get a ticket "taken under advisment" as long as youre pulled over by another agency they wont know.....Cops have whats called a "run sheet" that pretty much accounts for thier time while on the road...warnings and other things arent thrown on there becasue there wasnt a citation given out..now they do run your plate but that dont mean shit...cops run various plates all day...its not like your credit where the more you run it the shittier it is nor is it kept in some sort of log in a computer somewhere unless its flagged as a stolen vehicle....you should be good to go bro...just dont get stopped by the same cop then youll be in trouble...lol...and yes they do remember!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 08:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Just like everyone said...you're good. But like Terry said, just don't get pulled over by the same cop. lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 02:29 AM

It is actually good this way. Because, I have had a ticket for speeding in Houston and in Galveston. Had deferred judification in both counties at the same time. Don't know how I got away with it but I did!

"The good, & the evil; there never really is one without the other...!?"
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 04:10 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
Quote:
Originally posted by wickedrr
Dont know..
But it brings to my mind that it is a fact that points stay on your record for 2 yrs. But they stay in your police file for more. I dont know for how much more but i am assuming 2 to 3 yrs more than the first 2 yrs.
Also you should bring this up in court if need be because your court records are your police records.
actually in police records/files they go back as far as 10 - 12 yrs via their little computers in the car... (just learned that this summer thanks to my brother-in-law who is a cop)

also the "defense" of having the stuff on order but not yet received is not a valid one to get you off a ticket for equipment violation if already warned... they see it as you are NOT to drive it until it is legal... not that you are ok if you are waiting for the parts to correct the problem..

I would assume like the rest, verbal warnings aren't recorded for others to pull up and see but I'll be sure to be askin next time I see my B-in-L

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 06:05 AM

I know in maine warnings are not recorded. but if you got pulled over by the same officer again your gonna get a ticket I would imagine.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 07:49 AM

does it matter...because it is still illegal....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode