Motorcycle Safety Fund Raiser - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Motorcycle Safety Fund Raiser

Hey Everyone. I know alot of you know about the motorcycle safety program here in southeast Michigan and recommend it to alot of your friends and family. AS those of you who have taken the beginner course know, some of the bikes could definitely use some help. On September 11th, we will be holding a fund raising event to help us get better bikes as well as to repair/maintain some of the older ones. Below is a link to the flyer on the Schoolcraft website.

http://www.schoolcraft.cc.mi.us/pdfs...wheels2004.pdf

Even if you just stop by and check it out, I'm sure you'll find something you like. The event will be held at Schoolcraft College between 6 and 7 mile on Haggerty. You definitely can't miss the thing.

I don't think anyone has ever complained about the cost of our courses ($25) but those low prices don't enable us to do alot. Most of the money you pay goes to the schools and the instructors are paid off of a grant that we apply for every year from the State. Any extra money we can get will help us get new/newer bikes. Come out and check it out! Hope to see some of you there.....

Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 06:02 AM

I went last year and had a blast. Definately planning on going this year as well.

The Buell BattleTrax course was a load of fun. Last year it was $5 to ride as many laps as you wanted. I rode all day! They also had a dyno set up, I think it was $30/run. Scooter Trash was there doing thier thing. A lot of venders, etc. Very good time.

Kevin
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 06:02 AM

Hey Justin. Sept 11th is also our trip to Cedar Point, just to let you know. I would like to contribute though. I'll PM you

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by a-ron
Hey Justin. Sept 11th is also our trip to Cedar Point,
Exactly...I'll be in cedar point...but for those who aren't going to CP I think this is something good to be getting involved in.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

919 mentioned the battletrax course. Last year there was a pocket bike out there too so all you pocket bike/fiddy owners, feel free to bring them.......

Justin
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 04:53 AM

When I left after riding that course for 4 hours I was the fastest street legal bike out there (timed course). One of the guys on a pocket bike had me beat by 5 seconds!!! He was FLYING!

Tons of fun!

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode