Sky Diving....In-friggin-credible - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Sky Diving....In-friggin-crdible

What an awesome experience. Everyone should do this at least once in their life.

The excitement for me was built up the whole week before, talking to people who have already jumped was pumping me up. The reality of it didn't really hit unit we got there. Then watching the people's faces that jumped before us...perma grin. So after waiting around for a LONG time Carl, Ken, and Myself were on the same plane...the last in our Redline Group. We get suited up and boarded the plane. My heart really started pumping when the green light came on and everyone started to jump. Hanging out of the door for that few seconds was kind of freaky, I must admit. But once we jumped from the plane...that freefall was literally breathtaking. Breathtaking from all the excitement and the wind rushing at what seemed to be a thousand miles an hour. After a few summersaults and spinning, my tandem pulled the chute. Then complete and utter silence. This part was as cool as the free fall. We could see Toledo, Detroit, MIS (a NASCAR Race was that weekend). Then steering the chute as we descended...very cool. I then realized I had earned my perma grin.

All a great experience that I would definitely do again. I am sure I am missing some finer details...but I had a great time. It was definitely well worth the wait and the money.

Ken, I am glad we talked you into jumping too.

Looks like you guys had a great ride after we ate. Sorry I missed it.

Nate, thanks again for leading the ride. You definitely know the Irish Hills, Tecumseh, Brooklyn area.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 05:43 PM

???????????????????????????????????
Attached Images
File Type: gif worthless.gif (41.6 KB, 81 views)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Over_Dose
???????????????????????????????????
RELAX!!!

Here they are.

http://homepage.mac.com/charles_kink...toAlbum47.html

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 10:11 AM

I agree. This was an incredible expierence. The anticipation that built up while hanging out of the plane at the open door was incredible -- then summersaulting out of the plane, looking at the empty plane and then the ground, flipping around in the air, the sudden stop as the parachute opens, looking around at everything that is so very far away, seeing Detroit and Toledo at the same time, sailing down while steering the parachute, and landing on the ground with a completely incredible feeling of happiness. It was all amazing. Thanks Rob for giving everyone the idea. Thanks Anthony for setting it up. Thanks Everyone for wanting to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode