Amy and I were planning on making a weekend trip out to Niagara Falls and I had a few questions...
1) how long of a drive is it from Detroit?
2) Is mapquest the best way to get directions? Is there any construction we should know about or avoid?
3) Is it better to stay on the Canadian side or the state side?
4) Is there anything else to do while in the immediate Canadian area?
5) If the drive is as long as I think it is, would taking the motorcycle be out of the question? If it rains, i'm screwed!
6) Any other advice or tips
been 2 nigara falls a few times since i lived in canada. the canadian side is a lot better. wut i would do would be to take a i 94 to canada into sarnia. then go from london. its 3 hours from torononto and from here its 4 hours to toronto. there isnt any construction going on. but boarders are tight there.
I have always stayed on the Canadian side, and gone to the falls from the American side. You can walk from the Canadian side to the American side over the main bridge (forget the name right now). It's kind of a cool walk...real high off the water and above the whirlpools. Very cool.
The falls are great from either side, but I prefer the American side as it seems there's more places to view the falls, and a real nice park and whatnot.