Woodward Dream Cruise - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
OPP

Woodward Dream Cruise

DREAM CRUISE LINK
The Dream Cruise is August 21st. This weekend cars will start piling out there, and the past two years every evening during the week before the event, has been bumper to bumper traffic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 11:02 AM

So whats the plan

or is there one at all. I took my bike last year bc my buddies dad has the bank at 13/woodward to himself so I parked there.

Might do the same this year unless you fellas have somethin planned. OPP or whoever knows whats up plan somethin for this bc you can't miss it
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
OPP

Re: So whats the plan

Quote:
Originally posted by GlenF4i
or is there one at all. I took my bike last year bc my buddies dad has the bank at 13/woodward to himself so I parked there.

Might do the same this year unless you fellas have somethin planned. OPP or whoever knows whats up plan somethin for this bc you can't miss it
Yeah, I'm gonna start asking around...I got the weekend off, heck I NEVER MISS WOODWARD, but we'll have to see where we end up. Can you ask your buddies dad if we would be able to reserve a couple spots? Finding parking is almost as atrocisous as my spelling

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 04:22 PM

I will check with him when I get the chance to see if he is cool with a few bikes parking there. He has the entire bank to himself and will prolly take 2 cars again this year. Its nice because there is an overhang in case it rains.

If that falls through does anyone else have a hookup somewhere along woodward-if so post up or get in touch w/ OPP, Chuck, or some other high up here

PS The Traverse City trip killed my rear tire (its down to the cords). I'm going to order a new one soon so if anyone can let me borrow their rear stand that would be great-or even if you let me bring my bike over to take the tire off and put back on after mounting I would appreciate it.

Help me to not be a and cruise on a tire that could blow at any moment. Thanks
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 05:04 PM

Quote:
I will check with him when I get the chance to see if he is cool with a few bikes parking there. He has the entire bank to himself and will prolly take 2 cars again this year. Its nice because there is an overhang in case it rains.

If that falls through does anyone else have a hookup somewhere along woodward-if so post up or get in touch w/ OPP, Chuck, or some other high up here

PS The Traverse City trip killed my rear tire (its down to the cords). I'm going to order a new one soon so if anyone can let me borrow their rear stand that would be great-or even if you let me bring my bike over to take the tire off and put back on after mounting I would appreciate it.

Help me to not be a and cruise on a tire that could blow at any moment. Thanks
It's no fun unless you do it the right way. IE what I did to mine last year(Just incase you're wondering, it's completely split all the way around)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg burnout11.jpg (96.5 KB, 99 views)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 05:25 AM Thread Starter
OPP

Yay! I'm pretty excited for the cruise. Got the hook up on a nice '67 GTO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg goat.jpg (69.6 KB, 89 views)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
OPP

Quote:
Hey, if you get the opportunity, ask him what he'd like as a bribe to take up like 4 spots? I plan on taking a my truck, the pocket bikes, and maybe a motorcycle in the back. Then we have a place to throw coolers and whatever. Also room for who ever may show up.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 10:47 AM

man, time flies fast! Wasn't the big blackout this time last year?

-=bmacd=-
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
OPP

Quote:
Originally posted by bmacd
man, time flies fast! Wasn't the big blackout this time last year?-=bmacd=-
Ohh, bad memories...dont' bring that up again. You know they are calling for it to happen again. Its been posted in the news for like 8 weeks now.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 10:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to halik
Quote:
Originally posted by MrOrangePants
Ohh, bad memories...dont' bring that up again. You know they are calling for it to happen again. Its been posted in the news for like 8 weeks now.
that blackout rocked... no final exam in the econ class i was taking over the summer!

It took me about 4 hours to get home from a2....complete gridlock everywhere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode