Should I Swing Out An 04 R1 6-8 Inches - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Should I Swing Out An 04 R1 6-8 Inches

OK GUYS HERES THE DEAL SHOULD I SWING THE 04 R1 OUT? I NEVER RODE AN EXTENDED BIKE, DOES IT HANDLE BADLY AROUND CURVES? CAN I GO 140-150 AROUND A BEND ON 696? TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION I WANNA TRY AND PUT OVER 220 TO THE WHEEL NEXT SUMMER, N/A. TURBO MAYBE IN THE FUTURE.. ANYONE KNOW A GOOD PLACE TO PULL MY HEAD OF, PUT CUSTOM CAMS..AND FULLY PORT THE HEAD? AND GEARING WHAT SHOULD I DO AS FAR AS SPROKETS...I WANNA HIT OVER 200 BUT I ALSO WANNA GET THERE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE YA KNOW...AND WHAT IS A 520 CHAIN CONVERSION...HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

~~~~~VIEETZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 08:15 PM

-=bmacd=-
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 08:16 PM

520 is a smaller chain...ie lighter drivetrain...ie weaker. If your going to turbo it you can't use a 520. 6-8" over yea you will for sure notice a handling difference...personally...I'm not about it. My advice? Headwork/cams/lower the bike slightly and lower the gearing...fine...but steer clear of 150 around a bend on 696...you will live longer bro. You'll need taller gearing and probably a turbo to get over 200 on your bike. If anything I would go slightly lower since first gear is already pretty tall on those things. But anyway, aerodynamics become important when your going that fast. Takes less HP for a busa to go 200 than it would your bike...something to think about if your trying to break the land speed record here. btw vito you sound like a squid on this post...don't get offended with what people post. Just giving you a heads up cause I can already see it.

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 08:34 PM

You are kidding right?! A 520 conversion is on your list of questions about building a 220hp motor for your 200 plus mph "wet dream". 140-150 in a bend on 696 is your benchmark for handling! You know you dont need both front rotors right? Who needs the extra weight? Besides you probably only use the back most right! Sportbikes have a short wheelbase for a reason. Nicky Haydens RC211V makes more than 220 rwhp with a 520 chain and a 53.5-55 in wheelbase. I wont tell you how much money you will need to spend to get to 220hp. Look into that while you are researching what a 520 conversion is.
Maybe you should get your insurance estimate ahead of time!

P.S. Turn off CAPS, thats rude to yell we can all read.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 08:38 PM

Re: Should I Swing Out An 04 R1 6-8 Inches

Quote:
Originally posted by FlewByYou04R1
OK GUYS HERES THE DEAL SHOULD I SWING THE 04 R1 OUT? I NEVER RODE AN EXTENDED BIKE, DOES IT HANDLE BADLY AROUND CURVES? CAN I GO 140-150 AROUND A BEND ON 696? TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION I WANNA TRY AND PUT OVER 220 TO THE WHEEL NEXT SUMMER, N/A. TURBO MAYBE IN THE FUTURE.. ANYONE KNOW A GOOD PLACE TO PULL MY HEAD OF, PUT CUSTOM CAMS..AND FULLY PORT THE HEAD? AND GEARING WHAT SHOULD I DO AS FAR AS SPROKETS...I WANNA HIT OVER 200 BUT I ALSO WANNA GET THERE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE YA KNOW...AND WHAT IS A 520 CHAIN CONVERSION...HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

~~~~~VIEETZ
i thought about it and this post has to be a joke. No retard in their right mind would openly admit to doing 150 on 696, let alone wanting 200mph. There is a reason that there are speed limits. I'm sure if your parents start looking now, they can get you a decent deal on your burial plot.

-=bmacd=-
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluto
btw vito you sound like a squid on this post...don't get offended with what people post. Just giving you a heads up cause I can already see it.
Yup.......super

Quote:
thought about it and this post has to be a joke. No retard in their right mind would openly admit to doing 150 on 696
What about doing less than that My bike doesn't go 150

PSid I not tell you guys I'd pw when I got home
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 09:02 PM

You should buy a bike like Chuck's Aprilia.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-06-2004, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan03F4i
You should buy a bike like Chuck's Aprilia.
Did you like my burnout last night? Swaaeeeet!
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-06-2004, 03:23 AM

If you need some help with this project let me know, all I ask in return is you let me take out a nice fat life insurance policy on you.
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-06-2004, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xlr81dml
You are kidding right?! A 520 conversion is on your list of questions about building a 220hp motor for your 200 plus mph "wet dream". 140-150 in a bend on 696 is your benchmark for handling! You know you dont need both front rotors right? Who needs the extra weight? Besides you probably only use the back most right! Sportbikes have a short wheelbase for a reason. Nicky Haydens RC211V makes more than 220 rwhp with a 520 chain and a 53.5-55 in wheelbase. I wont tell you how much money you will need to spend to get to 220hp. Look into that while you are researching what a 520 conversion is.
Maybe you should get your insurance estimate ahead of time!

P.S. Turn off CAPS, thats rude to yell we can all read.
well stated, but you forgot to remove the passenger pegs so that the state does not have to pay for to vegetable trays
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode