Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 09:47 PM

Re: Black Box for your car/bike?

Quote:
Originally posted by Over_Dose
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...le_black_boxes

whats next?
Vehicles that drive themselves and take the fun out of it It's bad enough I have to deal with the "Black Box" and voice recorder in aviation, doubtful these will find their way into motorcycles just yet.........hopefully
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 04:35 AM

The fawked up thing.....you may already have one in your car and not even know it. I read something a while back, about someone getting in a wreck and they had one of these in their car and did not know.....just say they got fawked in court!!!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 04:39 AM

Re: Re: Black Box for your car/bike?

Quote:
Originally posted by CruiserErik
doubtful these will find their way into motorcycles just yet
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I'd be VERY surprised if my '02 Honda didn't record some information. It has FI, so it has a processor working to keep up. Its not a strech of the imagination to also have a chip in there recording. Most MC's speedometers are also electronic. Easy to stick a chip in there to record your speed.

Or, look at BMW's. FI, ABS, etc. I'm sure there are chips in there with some memory.

K
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 05:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
I know that some of the car rental companies have attemtped to use a "black box" type of device. The would charge the customer more at the return of the rental. Customers fought this and I believe they won. This story was out a while ago, I don't quite remember the whole thing. If I amnot mistaken, the customers won.

These things would track average speed, number brakes were used, if directionals were used while turning and the like. Upon return of the car, depending on the activity uploaded, your bill would reflect that.

I know many companies with fleet vehicles have a device similar to that. They are GPS enabled or done through the cellular phone towers for tracking. Many times it is done without employees who drive the vehicles knowledge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DocThee
I know many companies with fleet vehicles have a device similar to that. They are GPS enabled or done through the cellular phone towers for tracking. Many times it is done without employees who drive the vehicles knowledge.
Guessing that's more for ppl that are paid by the mile as opposed to paid hourly Opposite ends of the spectrum. I still hate the idea that something is unvoluntarily recording our actions.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 05:43 AM

Quote:
[Bwhats next? [/B]
Well I'm sure the government would like to record all my sexual adventures too, have aliens abduct me, anal probe and implant the black box in me, and then monitor the affects of alcohol on males, and advise me of all the fun f'ckd mistakes I have made, trama/drama I have made to women and vis versa, not to mention my masterbation numbers(pretty high for stamina reasons-I luv Peter North)..........

Yeah the future sounds great
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lou_brakant
Well I'm sure the government would like to record all my sexual adventures too, have aliens abduct me, anal probe and implant the black box in me, and then monitor the affects of alcohol on males, and advise me of all the fun f'ckd mistakes I have made, trama/drama I have made to women and vis versa, not to mention my masterbation numbers(pretty high for stamina reasons-I luv Peter North)..........

Yeah the future sounds great

You want to be anal probed again...you are a sick man...
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 06:27 AM

Quote:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...le_black_boxes

whats next?
HHmmm I wonder if my truck has one. I've been driving more recklessly trying to get in an accident.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kawie
HHmmm I wonder if my truck has one. I've been driving more recklessly trying to get in an accident.
you do realize you can just like trade it in and get a new one...crashing isn't always the best idea.....(sometimes it hurts)....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode