Joining a club: - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 08:39 AM
jackdrinker

Joining a club:

I have a few questions for you guy's... I bought my first sport bike about three months ago and love it... I'm a motorcycle enthusiast and always have been. I've been riding mx bikes my whole life and always been fascinated by bikes, any brand or style. I like to ride my bike, shift, lean etc: not just the thrill of doing a hundred miles and hour and ripping off wheelies... I have a core group I really like to ride with, we are all cautious and look out for each other but, these guys work really long hours so finding good riding time is tough. I thought about joining a club but, the ones I see ride because it's "fashionable"... Example:::
They took a group ride yesterday.... 16mile to gratiot, down to eight mile, over to groesbeck to m-59 to vandydke back to the bar on 16 mile... I heard stories last night at a party of a guy breaking his fairing stay doing a stand up... Not the kind of group ride I'm looking for.
I guess what I'm trying to get to is: My ideal group is made up of bike lovers, long group rides, looking out for each other and lending a hand when the bike is down.. I'm no seasoned street pro ( dirt is different ) but I improve daily and open to tips...
Tell me about Red Line
Thanks,
jackdrinker ( yet I'm 100% sober, go figure )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 09:59 AM

Hahaha, dude, go here and read all about them.

http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

As far as someone doing a standup, I'm sure you'll find someone like that in EVERY group you find.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 11:48 AM

Not too toot our own horn or anything but the group your describing that you want to ride with sounds almost word for word what we are about. Check our our website and click on ABOUT US to read more. There's also a membership form you can fill out there if you decide it sounds good (check it out regardless since there is additional info on who we are and what kind of people we look for). If you have any more questions just post up or feel free to PM me.

Last edited by Bluto; 08-01-2004 at 11:52 AM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JesterRR
As far as someone doing a standup, I'm sure you'll find
someone like that in EVERY group you find.
Why do I feel as if this is aimed at me

As to JackDrinkers concerns. This isn't a "Stunt" group. It's a Motorcycle club that is recognized by the AMA. I also love group rides, twisties, all out cruising, and the occasional stunt scene. I just moved up here 3 months ago, and after the first "event," which was a BBQ at Bluto's, I was definately wanting in. Long story short, I'm now a member, and there's about every type of rider in this group you could ask for, so you won't be disappointed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode