lost the keys to my bike... any help?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 37
lost the keys to my bike... any help??

anyone know anyone that will re-key my bike so i dont have to get a new ignition.. the thing has those stupid breakaway bolts and the ignition dont come off unles i wana tear the steering tree thing apart.... i got a price from a guy for 125 to have him come out to my house and do it.... thats kinda xpensive for some keys... ya i kno SOMEONE is gona give me shit about losin my keys but hey.... rip away... just wana kno if anyone knows a place or anyone that can help me out for cheaper than 125?? thanks!
bagged83blazer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 12:09 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,519
That actually seems like a fair price, incomparison to what others as unfortunate as yourself, have paid.
UglyAngelX is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 06:01 AM
Registered User
 
nvmyr6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: sterling hts mi 48314
Posts: 255
Send a message via AIM to nvmyr6 Send a message via Yahoo to nvmyr6
Re: lost the keys to my bike... any help??

Quote:
Originally posted by bagged83blazer
anyone know anyone that will re-key my bike so i dont have to get a new ignition.. the thing has those stupid breakaway bolts and the ignition dont come off unles i wana tear the steering tree thing apart.... i got a price from a guy for 125 to have him come out to my house and do it.... thats kinda xpensive for some keys... ya i kno SOMEONE is gona give me shit about losin my keys but hey.... rip away... just wana kno if anyone knows a place or anyone that can help me out for cheaper than 125?? thanks!
Thats fair for a house call lock smith. Every one has lost keys before no big deal


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nvmyr6 is offline  
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 37
oh, talked to the guy and he said that if i come out to his place with the bike, @ 10 and 94 its 80 bux.. should i stop looking and just have him do em' up????
bagged83blazer is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 03:14 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 208
What area are you in? A friend of mine from work is a locksmith and he might be able to help you out for a better price...
Z3US is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 03:35 PM
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,415
Quote:
Originally posted by bagged83blazer
oh, talked to the guy and he said that if i come out to his place with the bike, @ 10 and 94 its 80 bux.. should i stop looking and just have him do em' up????
Yeah, especially if they'll hook you up with a new key. A whole new ignition unit on my bike(Older/less complex) is $130 in itself. Just go for it, and ride.
CruiserErik is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 03:58 PM
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 94
If you can get your bike to a Yamaha shop, they should have a master key set. Once they find the right key, they can order you a new one for under 20 bucks

We just went through this process at Wheels in Oxford for an old RD 400 we picked up to restore and the owner had lost the keys...
Ryders_R_Us is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally posted by Z3US
What area are you in? A friend of mine from work is a locksmith and he might be able to help you out for a better price...
26 mile and romeo plank area.....
bagged83blazer is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryders_R_Us
If you can get your bike to a Yamaha shop, they should have a master key set. Once they find the right key, they can order you a new one for under 20 bucks

We just went through this process at Wheels in Oxford for an old RD 400 we picked up to restore and the owner had lost the keys...
what yamaha shop could i take it to?? any dealership or does it have to be a specialty yamaha place?? i live by 26 and romeo plank, but i bought it way out on telagraph so i dont care about a 45 minute drive if i can save good money...
bagged83blazer is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 04:13 PM
Registered User
 
nvmyr6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: sterling hts mi 48314
Posts: 255
Send a message via AIM to nvmyr6 Send a message via Yahoo to nvmyr6
Quote:
Originally posted by bagged83blazer
what yamaha shop could i take it to?? any dealership or does it have to be a specialty yamaha place?? i live by 26 and romeo plank, but i bought it way out on telagraph so i dont care about a 45 minute drive if i can save good money...
any dealer can look it up by the key code if you have the title or registration


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nvmyr6 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome