Social Security - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Social Security

I just got my statement today. Ive got 80,000 invested! do you think I can withdraw it to buy an new bike?

this is just an insult. I want my money back before its gone forever. oh wait.. it already is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 05:46 AM

Re: Social Security

Quote:
Originally posted by Over_Dose
I just got my statement today. Ive got 80,000 invested! do you think I can withdraw it to buy an new bike?

this is just an insult. I want my money back before its gone forever. oh wait.. it already is

Wow...........just how old are you?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 06:32 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
Social Security is a joke... there will be none by the time we reach the age to draw it back... hell at the rate their going the age to be eligible will exceed our life expectancy and I'm sure that's their plan....

I say from the get go they should have put the money withheld in an interest bearing account in our name only and locked until a certain age that we depict.. then we can decide when we want to retire and withdraw it as needed and if we run out cause we retire too soon well then that's our own fault... and we'd be the only ones to blame...

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamRyder

I say from the get go they should have put the money withheld in an interest bearing account in our name only and locked until a certain age that we depict.. then we can decide when we want to retire and withdraw it as needed and if we run out cause we retire too soon well then that's our own fault... and we'd be the only ones to blame...

E.
If that were the plan, you would have been better off controlling it yourself, which wouldn't of allowed the gov't to abuse it.

How they can indict officials from companies like Enron, when they are just as guilty of the same thing, is beyond me.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 07:48 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
Quote:
Originally posted by LuckyStrike
If that were the plan, you would have been better off controlling it yourself, which wouldn't of allowed the gov't to abuse it.

How they can indict officials from companies like Enron, when they are just as guilty of the same thing, is beyond me.
exactly... they are spending our money and have no way to guarantee us that they will repay it by the time it's our time to start drawing it back.... and even if we do start to draw we'll never draw everything owed to us.. which I feel the balance should be automatically given to our heirs (tax free)... why should they get to keep the leftovers

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamRyder
exactly... they are spending our money and have no way to guarantee us that they will repay it by the time it's our time to start drawing it back.... and even if we do start to draw we'll never draw everything owed to us.. which I feel the balance should be automatically given to our heirs (tax free)... why should they get to keep the leftovers

E.

All just part of their wonderful scam
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 09:07 AM

Re: Social Security

Quote:
Originally posted by Over_Dose

Damn John, you are old....o wait mine was something like that too.
We would have had more but we didn't file those 1040 Ez-Sleez-e Pimp forms, from all those years......

The only thing we can do is vote for the better A$$ to save our SS money, or like me I'm moving to Mexico to open a Burrito Stand....OK.....which Hot Latino wants extra sour cream on their taco
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 11:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Cut me a check now. I will gladly take the loss for shiney new bike.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be completely voluntary,
2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual incomes into the Program,
3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year.
4.) That the money the participants put into the independent "Trust Fund" rather than into the General operating fund, and therefore, would only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other Government program, and,
5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.

Since many have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving Social Security check every month -- and then finding that we are getting
taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to "put away," you may
be interested in the following:

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent "Trust fund" and put it into the General fund so that Congress could spend it?
A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically-controlled House and Senate.

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?
A: The Democratic Party.

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?
A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the "tie-breaking" deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of the US

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?
A: That's right! Jimmy Carter and the democratic Party. Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65, began to receive SSI Social Security payments! The Democratic Party gave these payments to them, even
though they never paid a dime into it!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 04:44 PM

makes you think doesn't it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode