Grattan Aug 13th - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Grattan Aug 13th

Has anyone signed up for the track day on Aug. 13th at grattan? Looks like that is the date I will be going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 11:31 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
I was but things have changed and Iwon't be able to attend..

I saw Almighty say he was but dont'hold your breath.. he's said that like 3 or 4 times this year

I think Lucky was going...

as for anyothers on here not sure .. aint' been much track talk lately

Have fun for me out there.. I'm goin this Friday then back out Aug 30th

You goin the night before or gonna try and hard core it and go out the morning of???

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 12:05 PM

I'm a going, haven't registered yet though

That;s the bachward day with no novice class though

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 12:32 PM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

There is a NOVICE CLASS that date.. refer to old post about it where I talked to Jim about it already... he plans to have more backwards runs next year and feels a novice class is a must if this is going to work for him

E.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamRyder
There is a NOVICE CLASS that date.. refer to old post about it where I talked to Jim about it already... he plans to have more backwards runs next year and feels a novice class is a must if this is going to work for him

E.
Sorry missy, All I read was that there wasn't going to be one.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Think i would like to go over the night before, as would hate to get up at the crack of dawn and then ride all day. Have to see how it works out though.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 04:47 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Quote:
Originally posted by LuckyStrike
Sorry missy, All I read was that there wasn't going to be one.
LOL... my very next post after I said that said that Jim just told me there was going to be one what the heck you doin at work that you're not up to date here ah... you must be actually workin now while at work.. how dare you :

Polishdude....
yes you will be far better off going the night before and gettin a good night sleep... but there are some that manage to do it all in the same day Candlestone isn't all that expensive and sometimes if you plan ahead you can room with others and split the fee usually it's $ 49 - $59 a night and it's only 15 mintues from the track In case you need their phone number here it is: (616) 691-7713 you may want to call ahead of time to make sure a room is available.. most often it is except for the occasional wedding reception gigs they have or golfin shindigs and here is a map for ya as well...

E.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg candlestonemaplarge.jpg (268.2 KB, 39 views)

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 04:50 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

and here's a close up map....

E.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg candlestonemapcloseup.jpg (67.3 KB, 37 views)

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamRyder
LOL... my very next post after I said that said that Jim just told me there was going to be one what the heck you doin at work that you're not up to date here ah... you must be actually workin now while at work.. how dare you :
If I read all the jibberish you post I'd fall into a coma

Quote:

Polishdude....
yes you will be far better off going the night before and gettin a good night sleep... but there are some that manage to do it all in the same day Candlestone isn't all that expensive and sometimes if you plan ahead you can room with others and split the fee usually it's $ 49 - $59 a night and it's only 15 mintues from the track In case you need their phone number here it is: (616) 691-7713 you may want to call ahead of time to make sure a room is available.. most often it is except for the occasional wedding reception gigs they have or golfin shindigs and here is a map for ya as well...

E.
Don't listen to her, she's works on the side as a sales rep for the candlestone.

I prefer to save my money, drive out day of, and I live 45 minutes further than you. I leave by 5 am and am there before most.

Besides, apparently a good night's sleep doesn't have any relation to advancing out of the novice group.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 05:30 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Quote:
Originally posted by LuckyStrike
If I read all the jibberish you post I'd fall into a coma

Don't listen to her, she's works on the side as a sales rep for the candlestone.

I prefer to save my money, drive out day of, and I live 45 minutes further than you. I leave by 5 am and am there before most.

Besides, apparently a good night's sleep doesn't have any relation to advancing out of the novice group.
well apparently you do read it cause you reply to everything I post

LOL at the salesrep.. then I would be fired cause I've stayed at the Amerihost as well and now I'm not stayin at either place.. I'm now staying at the track camping area

When did I ever claim a good night sleep had anything to do with leavin the novice group it just makes the day better in general especially when it comes to the long ass ride home that night

E.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode