Yate's bonehead move - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Yate's bonehead move

Yates takes out a back marker while passing on an outside line then proceeds to hit, kick and headbutt him when he gets back up. what an ass. AMA is supposed to look into incident and fines and/or suspensions to follow. The father of Fania is pressing legal charges against yates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 11:35 AM

Totally agree with ya...he is an ASS
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 01:17 PM

AMA gets one chance, and one chance only to stop this type of behavior. I like to follow motorcycle racing not NASCAR, WWE or hockey.

I I were Mr. Suzuki I'd have a "come to Jesus (or Allah, or whatever your preference) little chat with him" That's not how I would want my company represented.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by snickerz
AMA gets one chance, and one chance only to stop this type of behavior. I like to follow motorcycle racing not NASCAR, WWE or hockey.

I I were Mr. Suzuki I'd have a "come to Jesus (or Allah, or whatever your preference) little chat with him" That's not how I would want my company represented.
yeah.. it will be interesting to see what they do. They should give fania his ride for the season and see how that goes!

what a big frikin weenie
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 03:39 AM

Re: Yate's bonehead move

Quote:
Originally posted by GPZRider
Yates takes out a back marker while passing on an outside line then proceeds to hit, kick and headbutt him when he gets back up. what an ass. AMA is supposed to look into incident and fines and/or suspensions to follow. The father of Fania is pressing legal charges against yates.

he drop kicked him too! lol What a jackass!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 04:19 AM

i thought he was throwing one of the most childish temper tantrums i had seen in a long time. my 4 year old nephew behaves more maturely than he did. even the announcers the other day were saying that he should have known better than to pass on the outside like he did.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 04:50 AM

Re: Yate's bonehead move

Quote:
Originally posted by GPZRider
I agree that Yates acted like an ass and should get suspended/fined. BUT, it was the backmarker that ran into him. Yates took a risk that the backmarker would hold his line and he didn't. At any rate, that was the most childish behavior I've ever seen and thought it was an embarrasment. Yates
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 09:40 AM

Take me out and I will kick you arss too
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Judge
Take me out and I will kick you arss too
technically, yates took himself out.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 10:03 AM
Dad

That was a racing accident, no more. Yates behavior was terrible. As far as the accident itself, if fingers must be pointed, it appears that Yates sawed him off too close and crashed both of them, but nothing was blatent enough to call it anything more than a racing accident. In the heat of the moment, those things happen.

In all forms of wheel to wheel racing it's not uncommon for the front runners to complain about "backmarkers". They need to get over it and prove their superior skills by dealing with it. They fail to consider that backmarkers serve a purpose, too. Without someone to beat, to demonstrate their equipment and skill superiority against, there is no show. Everybody on the track is dealing with the same conditions. And lest they forget, they were that rookie at one time themselves. If you feel it necessary, have an after race private talkin' to, give considered advice where appropriate, and then let it go. That's racin'. Yates needs anger management help.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode