Dyno Sheet on Gixxer 750 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
Dyno Sheet on Gixxer 750

ok all you techy's here's the numbers....

I have been told of a couple things to look for when we drop the motor to remove a motor mount bolt that is broke off a few threads in.. and a couple things that may surface once she'd been ridden a bit that might shine light on why the compression is low in the top end.. but I'm no way impressed with this bike yet

history of bike... bought used.. discoverd it had been ridden hard and put up wet and neglected for a LONG time.... and took alot of work to get her to this point...

E.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dynosheetgixxer750.jpg (93.7 KB, 130 views)

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 05:45 PM

what are you expecting out of it??
120hp is not bad?
mine is probably barley 100 for a carbed 600
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

better compression giving me more consistant torgue and better reliability that I'm gonna get up and go when I decide to give the throttle a good twist say somewhere like at Ubly

E.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 03:44 AM
OPP

I hear this might help your compression problem...Got Boost?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_kit1.jpg (18.5 KB, 98 views)
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 04:18 AM

I am still at a loss on this "losing compression at high RPM" stuff....I mean I huess if it is getting into valve float and they are hanging open then yes...but compression loss is across the board....its low all the time or its good...I dunno WTF they are referring to. The plot looks fine to me...typical drop outs...but fairly consistant....it may just be low on compression due to a long hard life...thats an easy fix..but time consuming...new pistons/rings/gaskets/valve job (notice I did not say headjob)....
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

yea yea I know a rebuild kit would be the fix.. I just didn't want to put anymore money into it than I already have... when Fred lowers the motor he's gonna take a peak at that stuff and see if maybe by chance if the cams are slotted and not set properly.. if they are stock I guess their nonadjustable but if they put the so called ape cams in then maybe they screwed them up like everthing else they touched (and hopefully not find the possibility of rusted rings and leaking seals) and dont' quote me on all this tech stuff cause I could be saying it wrong.. my brain is straining to recall all the shit Brighton threw at me

E.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 08:01 AM

here's a dyno chart for a GXR750 from sportrider.com - pretty similar..
Attached Images
File Type: gif dyno-2000-suz-gsx-r750.gif (9.2 KB, 81 views)
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 02:31 PM

Yeah E, but I bet that gixxer runs better thatn that damn honda

J/K, you know I just had to throw in a dig
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 03:04 PM

Re: Dyno Sheet on Gixxer 750

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamRyder
ok all you techy's here's the numbers....

I have been told of a couple things to look for when we drop the motor to remove a motor mount bolt that is broke off a few threads in.. and a couple things that may surface once she'd been ridden a bit that might shine light on why the compression is low in the top end.. but I'm no way impressed with this bike yet

history of bike... bought used.. discoverd it had been ridden hard and put up wet and neglected for a LONG time.... and took alot of work to get her to this point...

E.
E...just helping to clear up some confusion...

James stated that the bike is not burning fuel efficiently in the higher RPM range 8500+ -- it does not have anything to do with low compression. He thinks the cams are degreed incorrectly...just wanted to help ya on the techno mumbo jumbo

I did have some help in explaining this
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

see I told you my brain couldn't remember everything he was throwing at me thanks Judi (and Fred in the back telling her what to type )

but I could have sworn he said that morning that the compression was low on the top end

Chris - as for it runnin better than my honda - I don't think so only reason why I went with the Gixxer was cause it's disposable to me and wouldn't matter one bit if I trashed it well see how the two compare at Ubly

E.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode