My Track Bike Is Home - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
Talking My Track Bike Is Home

FINALLY !!!!!!!

It's not out of the water yet though.... I have a motor mount bolt to fix that is broken off but other than that she runs not the screaming machine the seller claimed even after fixing everything we foudn wrong but I guess for now I'll have to accept 124 hp something about loosing compression on the upper portion but ok on the lower...

when I get home I'll scan the dyno report so you techy people will understand LOL since I don't

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 04:13 PM

E, what'd you get?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 04:47 PM

is this the gixxer? Did you ever find out about that picture that Keith posted? There were too many similarities to not question it...

-=bmacd=-

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 06:28 PM

congrats on getting the track bike home

dyno numbers are always disappointing when they arent purposely inflated

the bike is still gonna rock. your should be able to let your hair down now
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 03:16 AM

Re: My Track Bike Is Home

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamRyder
FINALLY !!!!!!!

It's not out of the water yet though.... I have a motor mount bolt to fix that is broken off but other than that she runs not the screaming machine the seller claimed even after fixing everything we foudn wrong but I guess for now I'll have to accept 124 hp something about loosing compression on the upper portion but ok on the lower...

when I get home I'll scan the dyno report so you techy people will understand LOL since I don't

E.

I wouldn't mind reading exactly what they said bout the bike....losing comp on upper end? It may be running lean or rich...but I have not heard of an engine that loses compression on the big end
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

1999 or 98 (dont' remember now been so long LOL) Gixxer 750

he tried to lean it and enrich it with the mapping of the powercommander and it didn't make a difference until he went drastically one way or the other and then it was not a good effect achieved...

Brighton has the coolest set up he has a sealed dyno room with air and gas analizers and more shit that I dont' know about or understand heheeee... and he did a great job cleaning this heap up and getting it running... it was in horrible shape like it sat uncared for for a VERY long time.. rust in places and corrosion in others crispy burnt wires and non working parts and incorrectly adjusted or replaced parts - hell the seller had the butterflies in totally opposite of what they should have been and thats one of the reasons why when you turned the throttle to a certian position and the bike would rev around 3 grand then immediately jump up around 12 and die out.... the rectifier was fried the front forks needed to be rebuilt needed new chain sprocket brakes air in break lines and pistons.. there was sludge in the radiator and took him several flushings to get it clean... tank has rust... D & D canister has rust in it... the radiator lines leaked... uhm... and there probably was more that I'm missing..

I didn't have time last night to scan the print out I'll have to do that tonight...

as for letting my hair down.. yea I guess I could since I wont be able to go as fast on the Gixxer as my 929 I wouldn't ahve to worry about the knots in my hair

no clue about the status of the bike in the picture - never persued it...

E.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 03:10 PM

Hopefully I'll see ya at the track this year E....or should I say, hopefully you'll see me since I know you'll be there for sure.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Quote:
Originally posted by GixxerChris
Hopefully I'll see ya at the track this year E....or should I say, hopefully you'll see me since I know you'll be there for sure.
LOL.. yeah I got all dates scheduled to attend except April 30th.. I couldn't get off work for it but there may be a wee bit of hope in my getting it off after all.. depends how things go tomorrow... testing out a stand in to assit in the office while both myself and the other office lady are out at the same time... they dont' normally allow for us both to be out cause then there is noone to run things... but none the less I'm getting side tracked here.. I hope you do make it to a few and I say a few cause once you go you'll not be happy with NOT going back again

E.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode