Sportbike World banner

Why is the 916 so great?

7K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  Dunlop 
#1 ·
I've heard, mostly from british magazines, that the 916 was one of the greatest bikes ever made. What makes em so special or great? I can't reallyl find many articles on the 916....:confused:

#3 ·
I think the feeling with the 916,was that the engine output matched the chassis stiffness perfectly.(I've read mags say that the 996 engine was too much for the frame.)
That fact that the 916 is easily one of the most sexy bikes ever made doesn't hurt either.
The price and the ridiculous service costs really make it much less attractive though

#8 ·
DUCATI 916's Rock

Ever notice that Ducati bikes never copy other bikes. Any one have a frame like a Duck? Others are doing their best to copy the exhaust but can't. Fire up a 748-916-996-998 do they sound like a R6-954-GSXR, no way! Be warned - if you don't ride a Duck now-don't start now- 'cause that's all you will want to ride.:drool:

#13 ·
iccarref1026 said:
hey 748 just in case you were wondering.all desmo does in this forum or any other is bust peoples balls then says he's just joking or someone else was joking.
Hey, how's it going? Have you talked with any of the FBF guys lately?

I wish they would get back into the racing scene Ducati or not.

#14 · (Edited)
what's up rc john.yeah i see those guys all the time,even though i'm not working there anymore(service manager just last summer after the other guy left).rumor last fall was maybe they would be racing a MV this year but that's not going to happen now.all the old man is worried about these days is shooting his gun at clay pigeons!you know they were racing husqvarna's last year? DIRT'S FOR POTATOES!

#17 ·
I love that picture 748!!!!

I love how people cry like a 2 year old with a skinned knee around here when they get picked on.

Hey Ferracci-boy: Grow a backbone. When you move out of your parent's basement you'll learn what the real world is like. If your still mad about me busting on you let it go, life's too short.

#18 ·
desmo said:
I love that picture 748!!!!

I love how people cry like a 2 year old with a skinned knee around here when they get picked on.

Hey Ferracci-boy: Grow a backbone. When you move out of your parent's basement you'll learn what the real world is like. If your still mad about me busting on you let it go, life's too short.
hey dickhead,you only dream about owning a house like i do(at 31 yrs of age).the fact is my ducati is worth twice as much as your apt above the bar.so do me a favor stop ****in around.no one wants there balls busted all the time.some people like me try to give good advice to people who seem like they need it.you know nothing about me.i've been in the real world since i was thrown out at 18 yrs. of age.i probably own right now at 31 more than you ever will your whole pathetic ,mr. know it all life.anytime,anyplace i got all the backbone you can handle asshole.

#19 ·
Ah yes, I love to receive "life threats" from someone 17 years younger than me. Listen here big shot, I have served my country for twenty years and raised 2 children. You're still young enough to think you still know it all. oohh, a house - I'm impressed. The next time you want to impress me and everyone here, try using a vocabulary - vulgarity only proves your ignorance. What is your issue?

#21 ·
Kids, if you all don't get along I am going to put you both over my knee. This is just a fun website to relax and get away from the stress of life and enjoy the bikes we love to own.

If you are good I will post a funny picture for you...but if you act up again....;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.