Colorado Rides - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

A few great routes in Colorado are the Peak to Peak.....hwy 119 from Nederland to Central City.119 can be accessed by a couple of other nice rides.Off of hwy 93 that runs between Golden and Boulder you can pick Golden Gate Canyon...Coal Creek Canyon and Boulder Canyon.....all will drop you on 119.
Another great ride is the "Deckers run"...off of hwy 285 turn south on 126 at Pine Junction....this will eventually turn into hwy 67 at Deckers...continue south to the now famous berg of Woodland Park.
Also in Southwest Colorado is the "Million Dollar Highway"....hwy 550 between Durango and Ridgway has to be one of the most spectacular in the lower 48.
And yet another is hwy 149...the "Silver Thread" runs from South Fork to Gunnison.Quite remote....I like to camp near Lake City.

XXman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 03:20 AM

More Colorado So.

Colorado Springs, 115 So. (cop central) to Florence, 67 south to Wetmore, 96 W to Westcliffe, 69 N to Texas Creek on highway 50, east to 9, N to Hartsel or take the cut off to Cripple Creek and back to the Springs.

I love the Peak to Peak. I take the whole loop ride through Rcky Mtn Nat Prk and down through Winter Park and Berthoud Pass.

Better to burn out than fade away!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-03-2001, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Yea Berthoud pass has some nice turns...they have it tore up right now though....Thats a long ride all the way around....I've done it a couple times....I don't like I-70 though....Usually I go up in the park then turn around and come back the same way thru Ward and Nederland.

XXman

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 01:22 PM

Thumbs up Deckers Run

WOW!!! I went on the deckers run this weekend and it was incredible, now Im pissed because I havent been on it before. I plan on doing that run a hell of a lot this summer. What else is comparable to deckers?? something along the same line....lots of curves, very little traffic, and no cops
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2001, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

In the area....there's not a whole lot that compares to Deckers....most are pretty different rides. The run up Mt Evans is more scenic....and slower with tighter curves. The Peak to Peak run is probably the closest thing to Deckers but has more traffic. Golden Gate is really nice with a smorgasboard of different sections....some tight and twisty....some open sweepers. Coal Creek starts pretty open and gradually gets tighter the higher you go.

XXman

Last edited by LEDSLED; 04-25-2001 at 08:39 AM.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 07:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to AtomHeartzx6r
I-70 stinks!

True this, I-70 stinks, traffic,shitty road conditions, and a lot of trucks and stupid Colorado drivers. I used to ride through morrison up to evergreen it was a good ride, what road is that? 17? something like that?

later
doug
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

The road between Morrison and Evergreen? Thats Bear Creek Canyon.....I thought it was 73 or 74......?

XXman
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 09:22 AM

I was wondering if anyone has ridden Hwy 14 from Fort Collins? I was thinking of taking 14 from Fort Collins to Walden, going south on 125 to Granby and then taking Trail Ridge to Estes Park and the Peak to Peak to Denver.

Has anyone done this ride? I am interested to know if 14 and 125 are flat? I took 40 out to Steamboat Springs last weekend and thought that was pretty flat. I like elevation changes and especially tight turns and was wondering if 14 and 125 were fun roads. I've done the whole Peak to Peak, Trail Ridge / Berthoud loop so I am familiar with those roads.

Any comments or suggestions on 14 or 125?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

14 is Poudre Canyon....very nice ride......not a lot of elevation changes but has some nice curves. 125 from Walden is pretty flat.....but scenic. And as you know the ride thru Rocky Mountain National Park is great.

XXman
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 04:59 AM

I did Hwy 550 from Durango to Ouray in a rental cage last month while on vacation and all could think of is how cool it would be on my 748. I didn't see a lot of sportbikes on it, mostly cruisers and dual purpose bikes. I think it would be a cool ride on an XR 600 or a FS 650. You could hit the jeep trails with a dual purpose bike. It is an awesome road, especially heading south out of Ouray along Uncompahgre Gorge, yikes!

The only draw back is the tons of tourists traffic, I think it might be hard to get a clear run through there.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode