Mid-MO - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

Mid-MO

There are several ways, this one encompasses a lot of different roads through three counties. One has to be extremely careful because the backroads are filled with farm equipment, driveways, gravel roads, bicyclists who think they own the road, the roads are usually in need of some type of repair unless they county has just gotten through repaving them. Unless you have previously ridden these roads I suggest you use restrain from blasting down them at speeds the exceed the speed limit too much, some have corners that will fool you & throw you into trees, fences, ditches that can swallow pickups, mailboxes, homes, name it, it's there.

Head east on I-70 from Columbia, take the Route Z exit, north, turn left on Route OO, west, take this to Hallsville, heading west continue on 124 to Highway 63, turn right, north, about one mile & turn left on Highway 124, west, to Harrisburg, continue through Harrisburg on 124 to 240, this is to the South East of Fayette, turn right on 240, west, curves north & goes into Fayette to a 4-way stop & turn left, west, on West Morrison Street, continue to Route 5, turn left, south & follow to New Franklin, at the stop sign turn right, south, 5 turns right at the stop sign, follow to Highway 40, the road will curve right merging in to Highway 40, leading in to the northern part of Boonville, heading south on what is now Main Street you might get a treat, the Wonder Bread factory might be cooking some bread, this will probably make your stomach rumble so stop & eat if you want, at the Main Street & Bingham/87 intersection turn left, south east, follow Bingham/87 to 98, turn left, east, this road will take you to the 98/179/I-70 interchange, cross over I-70 & turn left, east, on to I-70, follow I-70 to Route O, staying on Route O take it into Huntsdale, turning left on Grocery Branch Road, follow to W Burr Oak Road, this will take you to McBaine & the start of Route K, follow Route K back into the southern part of Columbia, at the first stoplight turn right, east, on Route 163, follow this to Pierpont, turn left, east, on Route 163, follow to Highway 63, cross south bound lanes, turn left, north, on Highway 63, this will take you back in to Columbia.

There are different paths to take at some of the turning points that can be used to make a new route, some will take you back to Columbia sooner or using several different turns a different route that will keep you out in the county just as long.

I will post longer routes that involve several different counties & that takes houors to ride, I will post them to this thread.

Last edited by GSX1100FL; 12-23-2006 at 07:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 04:28 AM

if i remember right your not to far from a small town called cole camp. they have some great roads around there. the main one i remember is b highway. lots of hills and twist
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

It's about 90 miles to the southwest, it would take a little over an hour to get there.

If I remember right in the early '90s I rode through that area using the "Where does that road go" type of riding.

The roads between Cole Camp & Columbia are some of the best for riding, gives some good twisties & nice straight-aways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode