Best Curves You Have Ever Ridden? - Page 6 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-06-2003, 06:59 PM

t
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 01:48 PM

Old Spiral Highway Idaho

I never got to ride it but rode a few really sweet roads in west-central idaho. South and east of Moscow there are a few but if you ever get to the area ride the Old Spiral Highway up the hill from Lewiston. Even in my buddy's F-150 4X4 we had fun, I was a bit miffed I couldn't ride it but it would be good. About 20 hairpin corners that are 2-3 gear type and nicely banked, perfect brand new pavement, no traffic, hooo boy I am headed back next spring!!!!
post #53 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 10:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to 97yzfinwyo Send a message via Yahoo to 97yzfinwyo
awesome roads

Black hills area in SD. Great corners awesome views and no traffic.
From Sundance Wyoming to Deadwood South Dakota.

post #54 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 08:34 PM

Theres one alright one in oklahoma in south tulsa. its down by the river called delaware and its an entire road just following the river. otherwise thats all i know of. i just got my license and im only 14, yes 14.
post #55 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ninja250rider
Theres one alright one in oklahoma in south tulsa. its down by the river called delaware and its an entire road just following the river. otherwise thats all i know of. i just got my license and im only 14, yes 14.

Damn New Jersey and it's age 17 requirement!

post #56 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 10:31 PM
Dad

Re: awesome roads

Quote:
Originally posted by 97yzfinwyo
Black hills area in SD. Great corners awesome views and no traffic.
From Sundance Wyoming to Deadwood South Dakota.
Up through the canyon! That IS great!

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #57 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 10:39 PM
Dad

Re: Best Curves...

Quote:
Originally posted by surfclod
Great Post!!! Real handy for planning this summer's trip, plan to haul our bikes to Ohio then ride south and east to the Smokey Mtns. Can hardly wait!!

Chris
Consider going just a little further east to West Virginia and riding down from there. All twisties, good roads, and low traffic. Post if you're interested.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #58 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 03:21 PM

ive actually been to west virginia, we have some relatives that live up there and i had completly forgotten about it. They have some really fun mountain rides. I was up there during the summer and it was a near perfect day to go ride. except one problem, we flew up there and i had no bike . i must have seen 300 something bikes just on one road. we were the only car.
post #59 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 01:28 AM

post #60 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 10:53 PM

So. MO and No. AR twisties

w00t! Great Post!!!

Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas have some pretty good roads to ride...

So. MO:
* Hwy 19-S from Cuba to Thayer (just under 150 miles).
Cuba is approx. 80 mi. southeast of downtown St. Louis off of I-44. Thayer is the southern-most town on Hwy 19 in MO. It is about 1-2 miles north of Mammoth Spring, AR. Once you're in Thayer you are basically in the sticks. Either enjoy the trip back or check out some of the roads in No. AR.

Btw, great detours exist all along the way. Particularly through parts of the Mark Twain National Forest. For example...
(1) Steelville (8mi. south of Cuba along Hwy 19) to Potosi via Hwy 8-E (35 miles).
(2) Potosi back to Cherryville (10mi. south of Steelville along Hwy 19) via county roads P, C, Y, and V; Hwy 49-N.
That detour is just under 80 miles.

Northern AR:
* Mammoth Spring to Eureka Springs via Hwy 9-S and US 412-W/62-W (approx. 150 miles).

Fantastic detours all along the way...
(1) Mountain Home to Midway via Hwy 5-N
(2) Midway to Bull Shoals via Hwy 178-W. Bull Shoals Lake is a beautiful, deep, clear-water reservoir. Nice place to stop, stretch your legs and take in the scenery.
(3) Bull Shoals to Flippin via Hwy 178.
Flippin is back on US 412/62. Detour is approx. 35 miles.

Grab yourself a topo Atlas for Arkansas and use your imagination. The Ozark National Forest lies between US 62/412 and I-40. That sh_t don't stink if you get my drift...

(1) From Harrison head south on Hwy 7 into the Ozark National Forest.
(2) Hwy 7 to Deer to Hwy 16.
(3) West on Hwy 16 to Hwy 21.
(4) Hwy 21-N will eventually get you back to Berryville which is about 10-12 miles east of Eureka Springs.
That little detour is about 105 miles. Try not to crap yourself.

US 62/412 actually has a moderate amount of traffic. But like I said, if you have a good topo or road atlas for the entire state... you'll be able to find tons of good alternative routes. Arkansas does a nice job of keeping their roads in shape (at least the ones I've ridden). The scenery is incredible.

From Eureka Springs to Rogers on US 62 actually has some insane twisties for a 5-10 mile section... Too bad that's where the traffic really picks up. Eureka Springs is a tourist trap and the Rogers/Bentonville area is the home to Wal-Mart... so you can get an idea of with all of the cages and trucks riding their brakes.

The Best Western hotel (might be others) in Eureka Springs offers a discount on their rooms if you're on a bike.

Cheers and safe riding,
kclee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode