Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Terrible Hole, IN
Re: south central Indiana twisites
Originally posted by IndySV1k
If any of you are ever in central Indiana and you have an extra 3 hours on your hand here's a great ride:
1. Go south from Indianapolis on Meridian St
2. Go way the hell out in the sticks and turn right on 44.
3. Take 44 to 37 south (turn left).
4. Take 37 to "Old 37" (it's a left turn off the highway. Keep a sharp eye out after you get through Martinsville or you'll miss it.)
5. Turn south on College Ave
6. Turn east on 10th street.
7. Turn south on 45/46
8. Turn east on 3rd street.
9. Turn south on 446 and go past Lake Monroe.
10. Turn east on 58
11. Turn north on 135
12. Turn west on 46
13. Turn north on 135
14. Turn west on 45
15. Take 45 until it turn back into 10th street.
16. Turn north on 45/45
17. Turn further north on Walnut Street.
18. Turn east back onto to Old 37
19. Turn North on 37
20. Turn east on 44
21. Turn North on 135 and go back to Indy.
Lots of twisties on these roads, ride carefully. If you go during the week or at non-rush hour times you won't see much traffic. Enjoy!
Great googly moogly, I never thought I'd see "twistie" and "Indiana" in the same post.
I haven't been on the ride you posted, but I do know it gets curvy the further south you go. The central and northern parts are pretty much flat and laid out on a grid....all north-south or east-west roads.
Hayabusa here I come!!
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion