Eastern WA - SR 261 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Eastern WA - SR 261

I found this 20 or so mile stretch of highway purely by chance.. was on my way to Pullman (Colton actually) from the wet side of the state, when I decided to change it up a little and go thru Lewiston/Clarkston, when I came across this gem

it's the stretch of SR261 south of Washtucna, heading towards Pomeroy... the map indicates it's a pretty straight shot, however, it's the most twisted up road I've ever seen, with non-stop elevation changes.. even sweeter, it's brand new pavement, with NO TRAFFIC what-so-ever.. maybe the occasional tractor or farmer in a pickup truck, but otherwise, it's empty...

another nice thing, if you do wind up going into a corner a bit too hot, you'll likely just wind up a couple hundred feet into a wheat field and also, there are very few blind corners, and can see pretty much all the way thru them..

yeah, it is way out in the middle of no-where, but arent all the best roads like that?

...HighSider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 02:12 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wedge
that is a sweet stretch

there is a road just north of lewiston I-95 that has some crazy corners for 5-6 miles I just haven't had the time to check it out yet.
have you been over that far ?

one time...at band camp........
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

oohh yeah my younger brother lives out there, so I've been on quite a few of the less travelled roads out in that area...

I'm more familiar with the 195 and the Lewiston grade etc, as he lives in Colton, but because he's a Pullman Civil Servant (read cop) we tend to go down the 195 to Lewiston to get a lil buzz brewing, then up the 95 to Moscow to finish the night off.. or vice-versa.. the bikes stay home for those trips tho, and we make his wife (HI SIS!!) drive us

but, as always.. so many roads, so little time

...HighSider

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 04:21 PM

Triple Digits!

Just went through that area in August....on our way to Yellowstone. Im in Buckley, My little brother is in Puyallup. We were hitting triple digits between Tri Cities and Clarkston. AWSOME. You need to try Lolo Pass (Hwy12) into missoula. There is a sign that shows curvy roads "77 miles"....Awsome, rider testing roads.
Ive attaches a gratuitous phot for your enjoyment...its a little blurry, but its hard taking a pic of your instrument cluster at 130 mph....

T.Christopher
1996 ZX11D4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode