Western New York? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2001, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Western New York?

Yea, it's the middle of damn winter and starting to snow like mad but I'm new to riding out in Rochester New York and I'm looking to find good places to ride. Sadly not till spring but I'm looking to get ideas now. Anyone from this area? Where's the place to be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2001, 06:46 PM

Hey Wally. I don't rememeber how far of a ride it is...but if you head towards the ski resorts like Kissing Bridge, there are some nice twisties out there....Just watch out for tar snakes and pot holes. I used to live in Clarence, NY but have been out of there since 1995.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2001, 07:26 PM

Hey I'm from Albany/Saratoga and I spent some time in Syracuse.......there is definitely no shortage of roads to get busy on in NY. Man I miss it. Except for the weather of course. Like right now it's 3am and 35 degrees here. OMG I'm gonna die!

My wife thinks I'm making it up when I tell her I used to ride my old Yamaha Radian in the snow. Of course we're talking September/October snow not December/January snow. There's a big diffference. She's a Natural Born Floridian. I'm just a transplant.

All the roads here are boring. Straight, no hills or mountains. Nothing like what you have out there where you are or near Binghampton, into Pennsylvania. Damn now I'm homesick.

Later.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2001, 04:29 AM

Hey Wally, I'm from Rochester too. Just put my bike away for the winter though. Now I get to spend the winter getting it back in pristine shape. Did you just get your bike?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2001, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Yea I just got mine back in November. I doubt it will ever be in pristine shape again, kinda beat up cosmetically. I've only put a couple hundred miles on it since its for the most part stored back down in NYC until spring.

I have been through nice roads in New York, but not so much out towards the western side. Yea the albany/lake george region is beautiful and twisty I would think but most of what I've seen out here is just a lot of straight and flat stuff. Ugh, its like a tundra here in the winter.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:24 AM

I'm from western ny and did alot of riding from Rochester to the other side of buffalo. I used to ride down to danville also. Just get you a map or gps and take damn near any road you want. There all nice up there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode