Any Gsxr Riders? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Any Gsxr Riders?

Hey everyone. I have some questions for some one that rides or has experiences with 2004 GSXR 600.

I installed a powercommander, yosh rs-3, and a TRE. It seems that my bike bogs or takes a lot of throttle to start out in first gear from a stop..it just doesnt seem like its running right. Perhaps the make I installed isnt right. I`ve heard alot of talk about the TPS needing adjustment or maybe the map has screwed it up.

If anyone has information regarding this problem, I`d really appreciate the help. Or even if there is a good tuning shop in the area that you trust that wont screw me...and knows what they are doing!

Thansk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 05:23 AM

Call Adam at Road Rash, he is in either North Hundington or Irwin area.... he has a site also www.rrash.com he has a shop he works with that does the tuning.

KNEE DOWN FINGER UP!!!!

That will buff out!!

Women are like parking spaces.....you get in...you get out....and you leave it behind you!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 05:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to mmmbarley Send a message via Yahoo to mmmbarley
+1 to ugly

I would also jettison the tre, I don't think they help much

double check your map

the tps is read by the pciii by a splice that you should have installed when you put on the pciii

Complicity? Simplexity? Its simply too complicated for me.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 04:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to crazy2758 Send a message via Yahoo to crazy2758
2002 gsxr 750 but a good buddy i ride with has your same bike... he's had it for about 2 or 3 months and has complained of the same thing... slight bogging in early 1st gear rpms... his bike is still 100% stock though. I thought maybe he wasn't letting it warm up long enough since it only seemed to do it when we first start out.

"This ain't negotiation time. This is Scarface, final scene, f*$#@!' bazookas under each arm, 'Say hello to my little friend." - Christopher Moltisanti
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 07:36 PM

A friend of mine has had the exact problem you are describing with their 2004 GSXR 600. They have a Yosh Tri-Oval installed with the unswitchable TRE, K&N filter, and the P/C III as well.

We thought the low-end dogging was the stock P/C map so we downloaded the Dynojet recommended map for a Yosh bolt-on exhaust with stock air filter (the closest map to what they had) and the performance was worse!

I talked them into going to a Dynojet certified P/C center (Horsepower Inc) in Erie, PA and it literally did wonders! They strapped it up to the dyno and layed down a custom map for the specific mods that are on the bike. After that was done, there were no hiccups in the throttle response and it was not only more powerful; but more predicable and smooth. Apparently the downloaded map was too rich in the fuel settings (especially down low in the RPMs, below 5k) and they leaned the numbers out considerably in almost the entire map.

I was concerned hearing that maybe it was too much, but they reassured me that they kept the fuel / air ratio within the safe limits throughout the curve in all the gears.

I thought custom maps were all hype until I rode the bike afterwards; then I realized how off those downloadable maps are from the Dynojet website. I think they just don't have enough custom maps to suite everyone's aftermarket configurations.

Hope this helps and you find it's worth the extra $$ to get the custom map done for your bike.

-Rick
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 10:30 PM
DOZ

Just a thougth... Did you try gearing down? I have a 91' 750 and have no por bogging, but I found something interresting on e bay. In looking for a chain I found a chain and sproket kid. RK and Vortech. They clame that gixxers are greatly over geared for some b/s reason. The clame is if you get their set you will gain LOW END TORQU with out hurting high speed performance. It's an e store, I dont remember what seller's name is but look up parts for your bike and you'll find it.
Just a thought....

Well, my winter is planed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode