Rides over the weekend - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Rides over the weekend

I know it looks crappy, but are there any rides going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 05:29 PM

250 miler

Starts latrobe BP 10:00

Down to Maryland
Finish in Kittanning for Motorclcye Fest
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 06:01 PM

I will also be starting at 8:00 from rt 910 / rt 28 Exxon / bob Evans

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 06:48 PM

Not for me. Drinking beer tomorrow at Penn Brewery and taking the MSF ERC on Sunday. Gotta get the DRZ back in one piece tomorrow morning (before the beer).

Pittsburgh RAT Pack
www.pghratpack.com
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 03:39 AM

Well there wasn't much of a showing for Saturday's ride, but FU all you missed a great day of riding. No Rain, although we saw some remnants of rain.

MattGriff and I did about a 350 miles total and tried out a couple of new roads that I will definitely use in the future. Matt had never been to Ohiopyle so we went there instead of down to Maryland. Took the rainman ride to 281 and came in the back way to Ohiopyle. This road actually was pretty clean.

Headed north from Ohiopyle and ended up at the Kittanning motorcycle fest around 4:00. The festival was pretty cool, with virtually no sportbikes of the 200+ hardleys that were there. We left before the 2nd band started, and called it a day.

Two new roads that I will probably do in the future.

SR259 from Rt 22 to Rt 30. Nice twisty road but could get ugly easily from Farms & Runoff. It was pretty clean for the ride though.

SR954 North of Indiana PA. another Nice twisty road to the middle of nowhere. Right outside of Indiania the roads are nicely paved.

Last edited by MilleRrrr; 06-06-2005 at 05:40 AM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MilleRrrr
Well there wasn't much of a showing for Saturday's ride, but FU all you missed a great day of riding. No Rain, although we saw some remnants of rain.

MattGriff and I did about a 350 miles total and tried out a couple of new roads that I will definitely use in the future. Matt had never been to Ohiopyle so we went there instead of down to Maryland. Took the rainman ride to 281 and came in the back way to Ohiopyle. This road actually was pretty clean.

Headed north from Ohiopyle and ended up at the Kittanning motorcycle fest around 4:00. The festival was pretty cool, with virtually no sportbikes of the 200+ hardleys that were there. We left before the 2nd band started, and called it a day.

Two new roads that I will probably do in the future.

SR259 from Rt 22 to Rt 30. Nice twisty road but could get ugly easily from Farms & Runoff. It was pretty clean for the ride though.

SR954 North of Indiana PA. another Nice twisty road to the middle of nowhere. Right outside of Indiania the roads are nicely paved.
I was sleeping from working all night.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 04:13 AM

motorcycle festivel was a cool ride on saturday. meet bikefromhell at the bmw,triumph, ducati dealer on saturday morning to pick up his new ducati 749 dark. then jack,scottand a friend of jacks came in and we headed up to the festivel. had a great time and bikefromhell did great for not being on a bike for almost 3 years. of course after we got there his headlamp wasnt working and he had no inspection sticker. glad he got home before dark.

yes thats my daytona,no you cant ride it.

I an"t ridin it unless it has wheels or a skirt.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 05:06 AM

That 749 Dark is a sweet looking bike...

I did the MSF ERC course on Sunday. It was a hot and humid day in the parking lot at CCAC North. At least the ride on 910 to the ERC was nice since there was almost no traffic. I'm working on a ride report web page thing about the ERC, just so people know what it's like. I thought it was OK, mostly because it was free. Not sure I'd pay for it though. Some of the exercises were cool. Some were contrived. Probaby more useful for casual riders that don't normally think/worry about techinque than sport/sport-touring riders.

Pittsburgh RAT Pack
www.pghratpack.com
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 05:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to mmmbarley Send a message via Yahoo to mmmbarley
woohoo 749Dark is so nice... my new dream bike is the 749

Complicity? Simplexity? Its simply too complicated for me.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MilleRrrr
954 is nice enough from Indiana to Plumsville (jct 85), but the last mile or two before getting to 85 is beat up. It was re-paved last year north of 85 and is a nice ride in the country. There is an Amish village, Smicksburg, on 954 north of 85, if you're into that sort of stuff. 954 eventually meets with 210 to take you north to Punxy. Or you can make a left in Smicksburg and head over to Dayton where you can pick up 839, another twisty country road that takes you to New Bethlehem (jct 66/28).

I like riding up there. 536 is another good one (Punxy to New Beth). Not as technical as WV, but some nice sweepers and good scenery. Just keep your eyes peeled for piles of horse crap on the roads from the Amish buggies.

Pittsburgh RAT Pack
www.pghratpack.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode