Memorial Day - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

Memorial Day

http://www.nathanadams.com/WeSupportU.htm

I spent the weekend in D.C. visiting all the war memorials. While at the WW2 Memorial I stopped an elderly gentlemen who was wearing a Marine Corp Raiders hat. I asked him if he was an original raider and he said yes. I extended my right hand and he passed his cane to some one else and shook my hand while I thanked him. I withdrew my hand and said "Semper Fi, brother" and he then extended his right hand and shook my hand.

While this was going on my father-in-law was behind me and I didn't hear it (Very crowded place) some young women made the comment "I don't know why that guy (me) is makeing a big deal about him (older ww2 vet)". What the fuck is this country coming too? I understand it was hot and the pace was very slow to get though the line to get into the memorials but if you don't respect the men who the memorials are built for, don't fucking go to the memorials!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 05:54 AM

welcome back Rich. glad to see that you had such a moving weekend. didn't get wet did you? went to the boardwalk yesterday. Harley thang all over again. 2 cbr's in the lot. sucked. Lot's of boys sporting Colors. Trouble on the horizon..

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty well-preserved body,but rather to skid in broadside,thoroughly used up,totally worn out and loudly proclaiming,"WOW What a Ride!" Got it? Get it. Good.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 12:26 PM

I made about 200 new friends and met the OCC guys. Shook Paul Sr. hand. Got pics and will share once I'm home (cable connection).

We hit only a little bit of rain in Frostburg for about 40 miles. Had a great time and planning my 10th Rolling Thunder ride already. Met some guys I plan to drink a few beers with at a bar called doolies or doodles in Robison Twp. somewhere.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, that last post was me. At my Father-in-laws machine and the bro in law was signed in.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 02:12 PM

Tea bagger Thank you for saying thanks to that guy. It's nice to see that some people respect what that generation did for their country. It makes me sad to here that anyone would go to a memorial for WWII vets and then cop an attitude like that hot or not that was so completely uncalled for. Again thank you and I hope you had a good time.
I'm looking forward to seeing it this summer.......

Not really a squid...It's just a nick name....
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Squid, I stay with a bunch of Cheeseheads (with upmost respect) down there every year. See my OCC and various pics thread, might be your nieghbors.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 03:57 PM

Didn't recognize anyone. What Part of WI are they from? Appleton is about 2 hrs north of milwaukee and 20 minutes south of Green Bay. OH yah GO PACK!!!!!

Not really a squid...It's just a nick name....
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Hahahaha, we had the Steeler vs. Packers conversation. I broke a few hearts when I told them that God was a Steeler fan and we are just in our trail and tribulations period.

They were stretched out accross Wi. They all ride in from Wi in like 3 days.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 01:43 AM

There are a lot of idiot people out there Bagger,I know I have respect for what they did.My father was a WW2 vet,served in the PTO and his brother ETO( with Patton no less).
I bet she never had a member of the family serve in peace or war,and thus takes freedom for granted.

badges? We don't need no stinking badges.
Twist and shout!
Loud Clutches save lives
The older I get the faster I was
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 04:35 AM

rich glad you had a nice time. hey chuck (*) (*) i also went to the thunder in the strip on sunday was there from 1 till around 2:30 cant belive I didnt see you .

yes thats my daytona,no you cant ride it.

I an"t ridin it unless it has wheels or a skirt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode