Things to think about for the upcoming GTR meeting... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 06:28 AM Thread Starter

Things to think about for the upcoming GTR meeting...

9-4-2004 - The date for the 2nd Annual Underwear Ride.

I think we made quite an impact last year and the statement needs to be made once again. It took years to get the law lifted... It may take years for us to make them realize it was a mistake.

The 1st Annual GTR Spring Fling, a little Show & Shine. I am thinking now is the time to get this organized and make a few finalizations. The idea is to rent a grove and do a little family appropriate get together / bike show. North Park is looking like the area of choice right now for our little gathering, but that is subject to change.
(NOTE: Adam, I am really hoping to drag you out there to put on a little display...)
The date is yet to be decided so we really need to work on that.
Also, we need to solicit a few freebies for the raffle and door prizes.

Business Cards - I can get them, pretty cheap... we just need a vote to decide on which version it is going to be. Examples will be presented at the next meeting. If it matters to you, be there to vote.

Membership Cards - I know a few folks are still working on these, and hopefully we will be able to get them out in the near future.

DUES - Yes, it is that time. The first of the year and everyones $5.00 dues is due. I know that Carrie will be collecting money and marking everone off at the meeting. Bring your funds.

Also, we need to look into getting discounts at local / internet-based businesses. I know that Jay from MotoEmporium takes care of us, and I know Adam at RoadRash does as well... What about a few others? Any ideas? Contacts?

T-Shirts... I have an example of the T-shirts and I will be taking orders and payment at the meeting. If you want a shirt bring your funds.

Anything I missed out on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Dad

... and the meeting will be held, when_______? and where________?

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 03:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Dad
... and the meeting will be held, when_______? and where________?
I am under the assumption that it will once again be at Vincent's in Greentree.... 7:00 PM. (1/27/2004)

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 04:21 AM

I will be going to Tracey's sometime this week to order some parts and if the parts manager is there, I will see if he can give us any kind of hook up on parts prices.....I am pretty sure nobody in the area can touch Adam's prices on accessories or Jay's prices. Tracey's could at least be a start on Yammie and Suzuki parts, locally. I know everyone says they are way over priced, but I did a comparison on parts for wheel bearing replacement and they were actually cheaper than Ron Ayers and that was without the usual price cut I get.

Definitely need some cards, I had a good opportunity to pass one if I had it the other day. Let's get them made and distributed. I think they should have a couple lines, where we can write in our name and number for whoever we give it too.

Dues and member cards???? Are these card part of the dues and are we going to laminate these beeotches???

Spring Fling....I think most of us are all about it, but only a few are willing to put in some time to get it going. The season is not to far away and I think any voluntary help would be appreciated.

Anyone interested in getting some powder coating done???? I found a place that will do any color for wheels $125.00 for both, unless they are fubard and more blasting is needed. If there are a good amount of people wanting this, I will see if the guy can throw out a group deal for us.

KNEE DOWN FINGER UP!!!!

That will buff out!!

Women are like parking spaces.....you get in...you get out....and you leave it behind you!
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 06:27 AM

Does the sexatary have a Paypal account set up? I most likely won't be at the meeting to give dues, and since it's all "cash-only", I can't mail it...
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 07:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Quote:
Originally posted by JB_Pgh
Does the sexatary have a Paypal account set up? I most likely won't be at the meeting to give dues, and since it's all "cash-only", I can't mail it...
Unfortunately, I don't have a paypal account arranged at this point. That's something I might be able to get together for next year's dues. You can mail me a certified check (kinda expensive for a $5 payment) or a money order (this is probably the better option). If you need my postal address, please email me at [email protected] or [email protected] and I will respond with the info. An alternative to mail is that if you know someone who is definately going to the meeting, give them your cash.

REMEMBER: MONEY IS DUE BY 1/31/04!!!! I will personally beat your ass if you don't get it to me... You've had months.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Carey, I was thinking that we could extend the deadline until 4/1/04....

That will give everyone enough time to get dues in.

I was also thinking getting / having a PO Box might be a good idea. Would also provide a mailing address for the organization as well as a place to send dues.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 08:28 AM
Dad

Quote:
Originally posted by saturntangerine
You can mail me a certified check (kinda expensive for a $5 payment) or a money order (this is probably the better option).

Is it really necessary to insist on something other than a personal check for someone who has to mail it in?

I can't imagine that someone would bounce a $5 check. Especially to their club, the folks they will hang with socially. It's an optional activity, not something that's the difference of having a roof over their head with a drop dead due date. Even if they made an honest mistake and somehow did, I can't imagine they wouldn't make it good, including legitimate fees if any. And, if they didn't, wouldn't that be good to know? That's probably someone we don't want to be around. If they'll bounce a $5 check, they're a good candidate to be riding uninsured and THAT'S something I'd want to know, would pay money to know.

If it is a problem, I wouldn't be against sending a five dollar bill in the mail. Wrap it in a sheet of paper or use one of those security envelopes that's got screening print on the inside. I realize that there is risk of the recipient just pocketing that, but I have trust that wouldn't be the case. The risk is only $5 afterall. You could post receipt on a list or just record it in the same fashion as if they paid in person.

Just something to think about, absolutely not trying to stir anything up.

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by saturntangerine
An alternative to mail is that if you know someone who is definately going to the meeting, give them your cash.]

I'll give Barley the money if he's going to be there - good idea.

Quote:
REMEMBER: MONEY IS DUE BY 1/31/04!!!! I will personally beat your ass if you don't get it to me... You've had months.
Into the rough stuff, huh?
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 08:44 AM
Dad

Quote:
Originally posted by o|||||||o
Carey, I was thinking that we could extend the deadline until 4/1/04....

That will give everyone enough time to get dues in.

I was also thinking getting / having a PO Box might be a good idea. Would also provide a mailing address for the organization as well as a place to send dues.
Two excellent points. For a motorcycle activity, mid winter dues are very "out of sight, out of mind". I think it invites problems, extra work and pressure for the treasurer / sexretary, that wouldn't exist if it was in season and on everybody's mind. The track club does it that way, too. It also helps to reasonably support not pro-rating dues. At $5, that should never be an issue.

Meanwhile, if there is a cash crunch for now, I wouldn't be against getting it in now. Some of the troubles of getting things off the ground.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode