Another ride to promote helmet safety awareness - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Another ride to promote helmet safety awareness

I was contacted today at work by a representative from STATMedEvac about getting GTR to participate in another helmet safety awareness ride. A few of the folks that I come into contact with at work on a regular basis are assisting the STATMedEvac staff in organizing a ride. STATMedEvac will be plotting out the route and will also be supplying a few giveaways for the riders. (They are not sure if it will be T-shirts, hats, or the like.) I spoke with one of the folks who is responsible for planning the event and was informed that it is still in the early stages of planning. I will have some input in assisting in the planning of the event, so please feel free to present any ideas that you may have. (Try to be reasonable.)

As of now, they are looking at a Saturday (or a Sunday) in the later part of this month or the beginning of next month. There may/may not be an early registration to provide the staff with an idea on how many riders there will be. They insist that we must keep our clothes on for this ride, and state helmets are mandatory and protective gear is encouraged. As of now, they are talking about a 100 mile ride, possibly between a few of the Base Sites operated by StatMedEvac.

I work with the staff at STATMedEvac each and every day at work and I can ensure you they are a great group of people. They are a group of extremely dedicated, highly skilled professionals that perform nothing short of man-made miracles. They are the people out in the field that will attempt to save the lives of those unfortunate motorcyclist who choose to not wear helmets, and I think a statement coming from them about helmet safety is a quite a statement. I hope that GTR can assist them in making that statement, and I see this as the opportunity to promote both helmet safety and GTR as an organization.

I will let try to keep everyone interested on the details as they are made available to me.

-Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by duessel
Shut the ..... ****...... UP!!!
Damn man, I am trying to seriously promote this. It is a really good cause... and you go and bastardize it!
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 08:58 AM

I'm in...the longer they wait...the colder it gets...a 100 mile ride when it's 30 degrees out won't be too fun. That will almost be as cold as riding naked when it's 50 out.

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 09:12 AM

I know alot the station 2 and 5 guys. I'm in unless I'm out of town.
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 09:46 AM

The colder it gets, the more padding I can put on my butt so I can hang . I'm in.

I just need to eat some more Krispy Kremes so my butt is padded enough for a 100 mile ride!
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Talking

100 miles is not too bad, and if we go by the Cranberry Base Site it is right next to a Krispy Creme...
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 09:56 AM

Bill, count my poser ass in on this. inside tip for ya, team promotion will be at beaver run on oct 4th and 5th, so you might lose a few riders to that. let me know the details of this.
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by crammer1977
Bill, count my poser ass in on this. inside tip for ya, team promotion will be at beaver run on oct 4th and 5th, so you might lose a few riders to that. let me know the details of this.
Thanks for the info Jeremy. I will keep you up to date...
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by o|||||||o
Damn man, I am trying to seriously promote this. It is a really good cause... and you go and bastardize it!
I guess you have never gone and bastardized a serious thread. Do not point the finger, unless it is golden!!!!
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 10:33 AM

I'm up for that if on a sunday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode