I like Mid-Ohio but...
1) I'll bet the cost is higher than Beaverun.
2) It's a slightly more dangerous track to run, especially for new and near new track riders, with several concrete walls, a wheelie prone corner exit, etc. Beaverun has plenty of run off room at all corners.
3) The turn-out will be dramatically lower due to cost including track time, travel logistics, etc.
4) As a true commie, socialist, and member of AARP
I think it makes sense to support the local track.
5) While the idea seems good, some instruction and supervision from experienced track day organizers or instructors should be mandatory to insure a fun, safe, experience. For that reason, I would suggest we find out how many are interested. We could possibly group ride an existing day or, if we have a large enough turn-out, maybe get an organization to run a day for just GTR. We might get a couple of experienced people who are here with one of the operators on one of their week-ends to stay an extra day and run one for just our smaller group. Just some thoughts.