Close call story. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

Close call story.

After I saw Pete, Pat and Bill at Jay's last night I took the Speed Triple home and got the F4i. Took for a nice ride out 980 then some twisties near Nevillewood I used to ride all the time. Felt great to be on the bike again, it's been weeks.

I'm coming up 79 south after the Bridgeville exit where it's three lanes, no traffic, so I open it up. Got it about 3/4 up that hill glance down and I'm doing 132. I see two tractor trailers in the far right lane up ahead and one old pickup in the middle lane as I'm coming up fast.

The pickup, for no reason I can think of, decides he should move into my left lane. No time to brake, I ended up riding the rumble strips on the side around him on the left then swinging back on the highway.

I honestly don't know how I did it, it was pure reaction, and it scared the hell out of me.

Be careful out there boys and girls, they're all trying to kill ya.

Just thought I'd share.
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 05:05 AM

nice save. you made the right call going for a ride instead of hanging at Jay's. Wish I had gone for a ride with you instead.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 05:10 AM

The reason he pulled over to the side.....he thought he smelled that Triumph you were riding earlier and thought he would do the cycling community a favor and put it out of commission. Really though.....good move. Oh.....Jay's totally sucked!!!! I am thinking that....might have been my last time there.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 05:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by UglyAngelX
The reason he pulled over to the side.....he thought he smelled that Triumph you were riding earlier and thought he would do the cycling community a favor and put it out of commission.
Hmm, maybe. I wouldn't mind someone totalling it so I could cash in the insurance, I just don't want to be near it when it gets run over by a tractor trailer.

If I was on the Triumph, there's no way I would've been able to make that move. Nothing wrong with the bike, I'm just not as comfortable on it. I guess that's one of the reasons I like my F4i so much....flickability.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 05:53 AM

Quote:
The reason he pulled over to the side.....he thought he smelled that Triumph you were riding earlier and thought he would do the cycling community a favor and put it out of commission. Really though.....good move. Oh.....Jay's totally sucked!!!! I am thinking that....might have been my last time there.
what was wrong with jays this week? last week seemed alright.. is it cuz i wasnt there?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 08:52 AM

Quote:
should have expected that!! Look who planned out the ride!!!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by QuickCoCo1
should have expected that!! Look who planned out the ride!!!
Is that a shot?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 09:02 AM

no it's cause i wasn't there.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 09:05 AM

STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU[list=1][*]STFU[*]STFU[*]STFU[*]STFU[*]and for Ernie STFD[/list=1]
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DeaPee
no it's cause i wasn't there.
You were to busy being whoooooooooped!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode