Anyone seen this at Cycle Recyclers? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
Anyone seen this at Cycle Recyclers?

Anyone seen this r6 they have(http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/2/8/54158828.htm )? Is it worth going to check out/ the price? I`ll probly just head down myself tomorrow since its not that far, but I figured I`d save some gas and time if someone else was already down there and happened to check it out.

Thanks

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 01:57 PM

that looks sweet what the hell is wrong with it, bet it has a bent frame or something like that.....
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 02:19 PM

you need to watch that stuff. They say runs and drives in alot of their ads. I went up there to look at a different one with a friend of mine that sounded real good. All cosmetic stuff, but when we looked at it, the frame/swingarm must have been bent. It was hard to tell what it was, but the wheels werent even close to being lined up right.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 02:30 PM

They have a few R6's there......My friend just bought one and I think that its the one you had in that link. They got a nice gixxer 1000 for $4700, doesn't need much.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
Quote:
Originally posted by xlh883
you need to watch that stuff. They say runs and drives in alot of their ads. I went up there to look at a different one with a friend of mine that sounded real good. All cosmetic stuff, but when we looked at it, the frame/swingarm must have been bent. It was hard to tell what it was, but the wheels werent even close to being lined up right.
I went up there to check out a 93 zx6 when I was first looking for a bike, it said runs fine, cosmetic damage, and looked good in the pic, but I went up and it was missing a left grip, shifter lever, wires were hanging out of the dash, etc. Thats why I wondered if anyone saw this one. I`d check on the GSXR, but I don`t like suzukis, and I don`t think I`m ready for that big of a bike. Ah well, the search continues. I found a few on cycletrader, but they seem kind of iffy... 01 and an 03 with less than 1000 miles (900 on the 01, and 300 on the 03) for like $3,300-$3,700. I emailed both of them, so hopefully they have a legit story for selling them so cheap, but I`m not getting my hopes up.

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 03:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to Fighter Send a message via Yahoo to Fighter
I was very PO'd the only time i went up there. I feel they tried to pull a fast one on my friend.. told him all about this bike... which wasn't at all like they had described...
I would advise you to save the gas money...
youd be better off with a VESPA than to buy something from them

just an opinion

Define foreplay......
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 04:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
They do exagerate in their ads. Everyone who goes and looks at a bike says that.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 05:03 PM

Im not very familiar with the ins and outs of the japanese bikes, but they do catch my interest. I have also thought about picking up a boneyard one and rebuilding it. The thing im not sure of though is what are the majority of their frames made from and what is the likelyhood that the frame was bent in an accident?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 05:08 PM

I went up and bought a Progressive rear shock for my FZR, asked if it would be returnable if it was blown. He told me yes and when I went back becouse it was blown he told me to FU** myself.
They are some real ASSHOLES!!!!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 05:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
Quote:
Originally posted by mark milbert
He told me yes and when I went back becouse it was blown he told me to FU** myself.
They are some real ASSHOLES!!!!
BINGO!!!!!!!!!! We have a winner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode