Carey's Underwear Ride 2003 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Carey's Underwear Ride 2003

Okay, many of you know about my underwear ride, but for those who don't... Boy are you in for a surprise.

As everyone should know by now, September 4th is the BIG day for those who are going to shed their helmets. However, helmets are required for all GTR rides. I have decided that to show GTR pride and our choice in wearing helmets, on Thursday, September 4th we should go out on a somewhat short, low-speed ride wearing helmets, gloves, boots and UNDERWEAR!!!! Riders don't actually have to wear underwear, but the idea is to show as much skin as possible (within legal limits) to get the point across that helmets are a GOOD thing for motorcycling. My intent is to wear a bikini with my boots, gloves and helmet. Then with face paint, I will have "At least my head is safe" written on my back. Bear in mind that we aren't out to get arrested for indecent exposure, so we need to find out exactly how much/little we can wear and still be on the good side of the law.

Granted, it's silly, but I think it could be fun. Hell, we'll even let Bagger come out in a pair of shorts.

I haven't chosen a location or time yet. Being as how it is a weekday, I think an evening ride maybe through the city would be a good idea. Just wanna see what we can come up with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 10:08 PM

I AM SOOOOOO IN!!!!

Im wearing Nude color speedo's!
I WANT TO GET ARRESTED!
Call the news stations!
HA HAH A
post #3 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 11:38 PM
Dad

Anybody need some high mileage stuff?

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.

post #4 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 11:47 PM
Founder

Garage
Damn I need to make a trip to Pennsylvania.

Only 2,285.7 miles from my house!

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert
Damn I need to make a trip to Pennsylvania.

Only 2,285.7 miles from my house!
Ernie will come and pick you up. He like Arizonians!!
post #6 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 05:21 AM

We expect to see lots of PICTURES....the good , the bad and the UGLY!!! Makes for good fodder!
post #7 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 05:29 AM

If done properly this could result in a publicity stunt that could really get GTR some recognition. Good or bad. Also could be linked as a plus for sportbike world. Showing the general public that we sportbike riders are not in favor of the helmetless riders. Doesn't matter that clothes are optional.just make sure that you got that brain bucket on. Press releases to the major TV and newspapers would surely deem it as a story for national EXPOSURE Be sure to include the fact that we are all wearing SPF 30+ in order to combat skin cancer concerns. Maybe even get a sponsor ,Hawaiian Tropic ,to help foot the bill for bail money,cause you know SOMEBODY is going to color outside the lines .Since there are supposedly ,accusations that a large amount of gay population has injested itself within the GTR maybe get the strongarm of the Flamers to help with this endeavor. Who knows maybe Pittsburgh could climb right up there with San Francisco and Madison WI. It could happen!! Oh yea ,It could happen.
post #8 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 05:55 AM

Depending on how big the group wants this and how it gets organized, I think we can get good coverage. I can give Mike Seate a shout and that will at least get it in the Trib. We could also inform others in the media. Planning will be important, the more riders the better and a defined route necessary.

We should roll right by the VooDoo where you know there will not be a helmet in sight.
post #9 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 05:56 AM

in theory this is a good idea, however, you haven't taken particular notice to some of the GTR's waist lines, jeep, we have what they call a weight problem. plus i'm a hairy mofo
post #10 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by crammer1977
in theory this is a good idea, however, you haven't taken particular notice to some of the GTR's waist lines, jeep, we have what they call a weight problem. plus i'm a hairy mofo
Keep your helmet on...stay incognito
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode