My wife wants to ride now..... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up My wife wants to ride now.....

Okay guys and girls,

My wife and I are taking PA's motorcycle saftey course in April. I am taking it to spend some quality time with my wife, get out of all the bad habits that I have when I ride and she wants to learn how to ride. I am excited about it and think that all girls that ride are so cool..... BUT, she has some proving to do before I am comfortable with her just taking off up the street on a bike.

Do any of your girlfriends/wives/mistresses ride????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 03:12 AM

confortability depends on her ability. if you ride together, ride behind her so you can to see how she controls the bike, you can hear her shifting habbits, you can observe her reactions, and you can check out her butt all at the same time.

hopefully it won't take her long to gain your confidence. like anything else, try not to be too critical about her riding and definately don't be too controlling either. let her be her. you wouldn't like the reversed rolls. learning to ride can be stressful on its own. just keep reminding her that NOBODY see's her. i hope she enjoys it as much as we do.

theres nothing like a woman on a bike.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by monkey
hopefully it won't take her long to gain your confidence. like anything else, try not to be too critical about her riding and definately don't be too controlling either. let her be her. you wouldn't like the reversed rolls. learning to ride can be stressful on its own. just keep reminding her that NOBODY see's her. i hope she enjoys it as much as we do.

I am sure it won't take long for me to feel comfortable with her riding. I was very floored when she approached me about doing it.

theres nothing like a woman on a bike.
I AGREE!!!

Thanks for the tips.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 03:29 AM

I think it is a good thing, then you both can share a common interest and she will understand how you feel, about heading out with the fellas for a ride. Once she is good, she can join in on the fun. Get her on some wheels bro. What kinda scooter are you thinking of for her?
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 03:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by UglyAngelX
I think it is a good thing, then you both can share a common interest and she will understand how you feel, about heading out with the fellas for a ride. Once she is good, she can join in on the fun. Get her on some wheels bro. What kinda scooter are you thinking of for her?
Yea, it would be real cool heading out in the summer time together on bikes. I have a 98' F3 that I thought about letting her ride, but a 500cc may be more down her alley. So, I was going to sell the F3 and buy her something she could handle.

What would you recommend?
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 03:53 AM

Let her use the 98, obviously she will not have the testosterone issues that us guys have. Just tell her to take it easy and do not let her get into trouble. As said previously, get behind her when riding, so she does not feel the need to keep up, you can go at her pace until she catches on and starts burning it up!!! Get her all the GEAR!!!!! You do not the little woman to get a set of rashed cheeks! Oh sorry on her it is spelled chicks.
Definitely get her on the track....it will give her more confidence in the bike and if she has a get off, there is more room to slide. Why can't we all get chicas that ride, then we could just go to a solid tail section!!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by djpoletti
Yea, it would be real cool heading out in the summer time together on bikes. I have a 98' F3 that I thought about letting her ride, but a 500cc may be more down her alley. So, I was going to sell the F3 and buy her something she could handle.

What would you recommend?
i'd recommend that (if you can afford it) keep the F3 and buy her an older 500cc (early 80's for cheap money) and when she grows out of it she can step into the F3 and then you sell the 500cc. big bike=heavy bike. having the older bike won't hurt so bad if she drops it, falls, etc... she needs to be able to pick it up on her own if it falls over. get the kinks worked out then step her up when she's comfortable. too much might scare her off. i know this from experience. one slip of the wrist could keep her from ever riding again if she starts with too much power.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 04:52 AM
Dad

My daughter rides. We found her a '96 EX-500. Excellent bike that you can ride anywhere. I have taken it to WV a few times and it will keep up with traffic.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 05:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
Where are u 2 taking the class @?

http://www.bikerplanet.net
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by duessel
Where are u 2 taking the class @?
It's the standard PA motorcycle safety class that we are taking at CCAC South Campus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode