Paint - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2003, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Paint

Hi All,

Anyone know where to get a good paintjob around here? Nothing special, just want to get my plastics painted solid colors and clearcoated over decals. I was thinking of taking them to Maaco or somesuch place, but thought someone might have experience. Everybody advertising themselves as motorcycle painters are Harley guys. I just need someone who can paint plastics. Preferably on the cheap. No way I'm paying $700+ to get six pieces of plastic painted one color, 'specially when car places do a whole cage for that (or less).

Thanks,

Cyrus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2003, 12:12 PM

Try McCartney's if you can not find it, let me know and I will get the number Monday.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2003, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

McCartneys

Would that be McCartney's Auto Concepts, 731 Rt 30, Clinton PA 899-3324?

Thanks

Cyrus

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2003, 02:20 PM

usually any autobody shop will paint it for ya
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2003, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by crammer1977
usually any autobody shop will paint it for ya
Not even close to being true!!!!! It is easy to find one that will paint a Hardley tank or something solid, but not plastic.

I am not sure if it is in Clinton or not, I just remember the name McCartneys on a card a guy at another paint shop gave me...because they did not paint bikes there Crapper...he recommneded them, I will get the number on Monday.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2003, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by UglyAngelX
Not even close to being true!!!!! It is easy to find one that will paint a Hardley tank or something solid, but not plastic.

I am not sure if it is in Clinton or not, I just remember the name McCartneys on a card a guy at another paint shop gave me...because they did not paint bikes there Crapper...he recommneded them, I will get the number on Monday.
actually some autobody shops will paint plastic, money talks
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2003, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by crammer1977
actually some autobody shops will paint plastic, money talks
I went to 8 different places and they would not even touch the plastic!!!! I just ended up giving up on the local scene and sending it to EMPIREGP.com and feel I got a good deal and the tail looks great!! Do you really want a guy that does not do a lot of plastic work painting your stuff?? Shipping is not too much and Bob does an excellent job with the repair and paint!!! I may send the plastics out next winter to get everything redone.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2003, 05:00 PM

I know a guy who paints,he isn't exactley cheap though.he restores old cars and specializes in Vettes(fiberglass) and told me he can do bikes and will repair cracked fairings.Larrys here in N.Huntingdon.He also airbrushes.he ain't cheap though.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2003, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by UglyAngelX
I went to 8 different places and they would not even touch the plastic!!!! I just ended up giving up on the local scene and sending it to EMPIREGP.com and feel I got a good deal and the tail looks great!! Do you really want a guy that does not do a lot of plastic work painting your stuff?? Shipping is not too much and Bob does an excellent job with the repair and paint!!! I may send the plastics out next winter to get everything redone.

did you get the orignal suk colors you demon....i am not a taliban bioteeech or whatever you called me
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2003, 03:02 PM

Hey pm me. My buddies old man owns "happy wheels" in crafton, and paints trucks, vans, cars, etc for big companies like UPS and shit. I might be able to hook you up if you want, pretty cheap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode